From Athens: Cape Sounio Private Tour
Visit the gorgeous Cape Sounio on a private tour from Athens. Millions of visitors from around the globe go to Sounio to gaze upon the sun setting into the arms of the Saronic Gulf. Create a memory to last a lifetime.
- Enjoy the privacy and comfort of your personal luxury vehicle and driver
- Gaze upon the sun setting in to the arms of the Saronic Gulf
- Explore the coastal road that begins in the Athenian suburb of Glyfada and winds its way through Vouliagmeni and Lagonisi to reach Cape Sounio
- Take photos with memorable views of the Aegean Sea
DescriptionThis private tour drives along the lacy coastal road that begins in the Athenian suburb of Glyfada and winds its way through Vouliagmeni, Saronida and Lagonisi to reach Cape Sounio. It is one of the region of Attica’s most sublime routes. Small beaches tucked away with their sandy shores or rocky stretches, crystal-clear sparkling water and a perfectly blue sky will accompany you along the way and delight the senses, mind and soul of anyone taking this gorgeous route to get to one of Greece’s most idyllic spots, Cape Sounio. From a distance, your gaze will be captivated by the ruins of the temple of Poseidon, a commanding, stunning structure characteristic of classical architecture from the 5th century B.C. This is the spot that the ancient Athenians chose to honor their god Poseidon within a fortress constructed to protect their coastline. It was here that the Sanctuary of Athena was also built for the worship of their city-state's patron goddess. Centuries after its decline, which occurred during the Peloponnesian Wars, a foreigner who loved Greece, a philhellene inspired by the splendor of the land and its history, the English poet Lord Byron was enchanted by this place and praised its virtues. Later, systematic excavations of the ruins would reveal Sounio in all its glory and grant it a second chance to shine.
IncludesAir-conditioned vehicle & local driver Private transportation WiFi on board Hotel/port pickup and drop-off Local taxes Entrance fees to archaeological sites Personal expenses Gratuities (optional)
- The drivers are not official tour guides, but they are knowledgeable and can provide fascinating commentary in fluent English. Although they will not enter the archaeological sites with you, they can answer all of your questions about the places you visit on this tour.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability