My Guide Website?
From Athens: Cape Sounion Sunset Tour126 Reviews
Watch the sunset at Cape Sounion on this evening bus tour from Athens. Drive through the elegant suburbs of the Greek Riviera and watch the sunset over the Aegean Sea from the Temple of Poseidon
- Watch the sunset at Cape Sounion
- Drive through the Greek Riviera's elegant boroughs
- Go to the Temple of Poseidon on the Attica Peninsula
- Enjoy breathtaking panoramas of the Aegean Sea
- Learn about Cape Sounion's important role in Greek mythology
DescriptionEscape the hustle and bustle of Athens for the evening on this bus tour to the marvel at the sunset from the Temple of Poseidon which is perched above the sea at at Cape Sounion. Pass by sights like the Hellinikon Olympic complex and Glyfada beach on the drive. Enjoy the convenience of being picked up from your centrally-located accommodation in Athens. Board a comfortable and airconditioned bus and relax on the scenic drive along the Athens Riviera. Take in splendid views of the Saronic Gulf along the way. Head through some of the most salubrious neighborhoods of the city, and marvel at the Hellinikon Olympic complex, along with settlements such as Glyfada, Vouliagmeni, and Varkiza. Reach Cape Sounion and visit the 5th century BC Temple of Poseidon. Gaze out over the Aegean Sea from this privileged position and, on a clear day you can see at least 7 Greek islands. Learn about Cape Sounion's important role in Greek mythology and history. The first recorded mention of it occurs in the Odyssey, and it was the last landing port for ships returning from Poseidon. Hear about Greek God of the Sea at the Poseidon Temple at Cape Sounion as the sun disappears beneath the horizon. Return to your accommodation in Athens at the end of your tour.
IncludesHotel pickup Guide Cape Sounion entry ticket (if option selected)
- Pickup is available from selected centrally located hotels in Athens and takes place approximately 1 hour before the tour departure time Alternatively, you can meet at the activity provider's office 15 minutes before the tour departure time