My Guide Website?
From Athens: Cape Sounion Sunset Tour311 Reviews
Enjoy the sunset at Cape Sounio on this evening bus tour with zero carbon footprint. Drive through the suburbs of the Greek Riviera and watch the sunset over the Aegean Sea from the Temple of Poseidon
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Athens:If youʻre booking your trip to Athens last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Watch as the sun sets over the Aegean Sea and enjoy great panoramas
- Journey through the Greek Riviera's elegant boroughs in a comfortable vehicle
- Step back in time as you visit the Temple of Poseidon on the Attica Peninsula
- Learn interesting facts like Cape Sounion's important role in Greek mythology
- Enjoy an environmentally-friendly experience on a zero-carbon tour
DescriptionEscape the hustle and bustle of Athens for the evening on this bus tour to the marvel at the sunset from the Temple of Poseidon which is perched above the sea at at Cape Sounion. Pass by sights like the Hellinikon Olympic complex and Glyfada beach on the drive. Enjoy the convenience of being picked up from your centrally-located accommodation in Athens. Board a comfortable and airconditioned bus and relax on the scenic drive along the Athens Riviera, with the comfort of knowing that your travel footprint is being offset. Take in splendid views of the Saronic Gulf along the way. Head through some of the most salubrious neighborhoods of the city, and marvel at the Hellinikon Olympic complex, along with settlements such as Glyfada, Vouliagmeni, and Varkiza. Reach Cape Sounion and visit the 5th century BC Temple of Poseidon. Gaze out over the Aegean Sea from this privileged position and, on a clear day you can see at least 7 Greek islands. Learn about Cape Sounion's important role in Greek mythology and history. The first recorded mention of it occurs in the Odyssey, and it was the last landing port for ships returning from Poseidon. Hear about Greek God of the Sea at the Poseidon Temple at Cape Sounion as the sun disappears beneath the horizon. Return to your accommodation in Athens at the end of your tour.
IncludesBus tour Licensed guide Cape Sounion entry ticket (if option selected)
- If you choose the option without entry tickets, you will be able to purchase them in the morning by paying cash or credit card before the tour's departure to avoid queues. Pickup is available from selected centrally located hotels in Athens and takes place approximately 1 hour before the tour departure time. Alternatively, you can meet at the activity provider's office 15 minutes before the tour departure time. The departure time is dependent on the season and the sunset time:
- June 1 - July 21 at 6:15 P.M.
- July 22 - August 5 at 6:00 P.M.
- August 6- 22 at 5:45 P.M.
- August 23 - September 7 at 5:15 P.M.
- September 8 - September 21 at 5:00 P.M.
- September 22 - October 5 at 4:45 P.M.
- October 6 - 29 at 4:15 A.M.
- October 30 - January 20, 2024, at 3:00 P.M. The activity provider will send you an email with the exact pickup point and time 24 hours prior to your travel date. The activity provider will offset the carbon emissions of your tour