My Guide Website?
From Athens: Cape Sounion & Temple of Poseidon Half Day Tour1120 Reviews
Explore the picturesque south coast of Attica on this Cape Sounion tour. Stop to see the Temple of Poseidon and enjoy sunset views over the Aegean.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Athens:If youʻre booking your trip to Athens last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy a scenic drive along the picturesque south coast of Attica
- Swim at one of Greece's most beautiful beaches
- Visit the ancient Temple of Poseidon at the Cape Sounion
- Learn from an experienced local guide about the history of Cape Sounion
- See the sun setting into the Aegean Sea
DescriptionVisit the scenic coastal views of Cape Sounion on a private or semi-private tour from Athens with hotel transfers. Travel along south Attica’s shoreline roads to reach the ancient Temple of Poseidon. Get panoramic vistas of the Aegean and explore the ruins of this temple before catching a beautiful sunset. Start your day with pickup at your accommodation in Athens. Enjoy a comfortable 50-minute drive along the coastal roads of Attica in an air-conditioned minivan and admire the idyllic beaches and small villages that pass by. Arrive at Cape Sounion and make your way to the ancient Greek temple of Poseidon, dedicated to the Greek god of the sea, and embark on a guided tour of this historic landmark. Learn about the mythology linked to the temple before having time to relax and take in the panoramic views over the Aegean. Continue to one of Cape Sounion's blue flag beaches to admire the sunset or swim in the paradisical Aegean Sea. After the tour, travel in comfort back to your accommodation in Athens.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Transportation in an air-conditioned minivan English-speaking driver Tour leader Local taxes
- You will receive an email after booking from the activity provider with your exact pickup details 24 hours prior departure
- Starting time may vary based on the sunset time of each month
- This is a small-group tour with a maximum of 16 people
- During the tour you may have the chance to swim so bring a swimsuit and towel
- Afternoon departure is roughly 4:00 PM, depending on the sunset. Winter departure (between November to March) is roughly 3:00 PM
- The beach stop starts at the end of April and finishes by October
- The private option allows you to choose a departure time that best fits your schedule; this tour option is ideal for large families, groups of friends, or cruise ships passengers