My Guide Website?
From Athens: Full-Day Delphi – Thermopylae Excursion14 Reviews
Travel to the mystical Delphi and Thermopylae Battlefield on this full-day trip from Athens.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Athens:If youʻre booking your trip to Athens last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Athens Half-Day Private City Tour
- Athens: The History of Greek Mythology Private Tour
- Athens Riviera Trikke Bike Tour & Vouliagmeni Lake
- Athens: The Original Greek Food Tour
- Athens: Full-Day Island Hopping Cruise with Lunch & Transfer
- Travel to Delphi and visit both the archaeological site with the ancient theatre and museum
- Taste the famous Greek cuisine
- Drive to the Thermopylae Battlefiends, where King Leonidas and the 300 brave Spartans gave their lives for the freedom of Greece
DescriptionYour private tour will start from your hotel or your cruise ship termial, passing by some scenic countryside such as Livadeia and Thebes, both great ancient cities. After 2-hours, you will reach the picturesque village of Arachova, which is a popular winter holiday destination with its ski center. Delphi will be your next stop, where you'll visit both the archaeological site with the ancient theatre and museum. Delphi was the first tourist attraction of the antiquities, as it was busy all the year round. It was the place god Apollo had his sanctuary where the prophesies were given to every man, prince, general and king by Pythia the high priestess. It was also the center of the universe, according to Zeus, king of the gods. You will then visit the Oracle of Apollo, the Omfalos, the Temple of Athena Pronaia, Kastaleia Spring and see some magnificent artifacts and statues, such as Charioteer of Delphi, the twin brothers and Sphinx of Naxos. When you feel hungry, get ready to taste the famous Greek cuisine and have a memorable lunch. the tour guide will take you to a traditional restaurant or tavern. It will be up to you to choose from a variety of flavors of the best known Greek dishes. After lunch, you will see a great view of Mount Parnassus and Itea. Then, it will be time to drive to the Thermopylae Battlefiends or the Hot Gates and the hot springs, where King Leonidas and the 300 brave Spartans gave their lives for the freedom of Greece. Honor and glory was their motto. They achieved both, as their memory lasts forever. Leaving behind the Hot Gates, you will return back to Athens.
IncludesCar expenses Driver expenses Tolls and fees
- • Your guide is not allowed by law to escort you inside the sites and museums