My Guide Website?
From Athens: Full-Day Meteora Tour by Train with Greek Lunch195 Reviews
Discover one of the world’s most popular UNESCO sites on a day trip to Meteora. Explore magnificent monasteries, see ancient hermit caves, enjoy panoramic views and taste a traditional Greek lunch.
- Experience the majestic scenery of Meteora and taste its local cuisine
- See all six monasteries and admire the interior of three of them
- Enjoy panoramic views and capture breathtaking photos
- Learn local history and legends directly from a local guide
- Skip the line at the train station with pre-arranged round-trip train e-tickets
DescriptionRedeem your train e-tickets (they will be delivered to you via email after your booking) for the morning train departure from the Central Railway Station of Athens (Stathmos Larisis) to Kalambaka and enjoy a scenic train ride in the Greek countryside. At noon you will arrive at Kalambaka’s train station, where your tour guide will be waiting for you holding a signboard with your name. You will then board a comfortable minibus to begin an unforgettable journey to this true wonder called Meteora. During this guided tour you will have the opportunity to see all six magnificent monasteries and admire the interior of three of them. See some of Meteora’s most spectacular hidden gems like the ancient hermit caves, the Chapel of Doupiani, and the magnificent St. George Mandilas cave. You will also discover the other side of Meteora, like the truth about why the hermits settled in these imposing caves a thousand years ago and how the monks achieved the impossible. Last but not least, you will have the opportunity to enjoy breathtaking panoramic views and capture some amazing photos that you will cherish forever. In the afternoon, we will transfer you to a local restaurant in the town of Kalambaka in order for you to enjoy your lunch which includes a salad, main dish, bread, and water (vegetarian options are also available). Afterwards, we will transfer you to Kalambaka’s train station in order to catch the train back to Athens. You will reach Athens at approximately 21:57.
IncludesRoundtrip Athens to Kalambaka train tickets Pickup and drop-off at Kalambaka's train station Meteora sightseeing tour with panoramic photo stops Guide Visits to the interior of 3 monasteries Lunch at a local restaurant (salad, main dish, bread, and water) Luxury minibus with WiFi Bottle of water
- It is highly recommended to have some light snacks with you so you can enjoy them during the train ride or/and your Meteora tour Lunchtime will be after the Meteora tour because it requires some physical effort to visit the monasteries and it is not recommended to do it after eating The monasteries of Meteora impose a dress code in order to enter inside. Men must wear long trousers and women must wear long skirts (below the knee) and cover their shoulders. (Skirts are also available for purchase/rent at the entrance of the monasteries. A long scarf wrapped around the waist is also sufficient to enter the monasteries) The monasteries of Meteora only accept cash for the entrance fees (3€ per person)
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€123.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today