From Athens: Full-Day Meteora Trip by Train284 Reviews
See all 6 monasteries of the Meteora rock formations on a guided panoramic 5-hour tour by luxury minibus. Go inside 3 monasteries, an experience exclusive to this tour. Choose between an English or Spanish-speaking guide, and enjoy included train tickets.
- Enjoy a 5-hour panoramic tour in English or Spanish that runs every day
- See all 6 monasteries of the spectacular Meteora rock formations
- Learn about the mysterious history from an experienced local guide
- Get a glimpse at life inside 3 of the monasteries with entry exclusive to this tour
- Benefit from convenient pickup and drop-off at Kalambaka Train Station
DescriptionRedeem your e-ticket for the 7:20 AM departure from Athens and travel to Kalambaka on your own. Sit back and admire the beautiful landscapes along the way. The train ride takes about 4 hours and it is recommended that you bring your own food and drinks. Upon arrival in Kalambaka at approximately 11:30 AM, meet your guide at the train station and start your 5-hour, customized, panoramic Meteora tour. See all 6 monasteries of the stunning rock formation over 5 hours. Look inside 3 of the UNESCO World Heritage monuments for a glimpse behind their imposing walls. Stop to take photos from locations that only the locals know about. Get dropped off at Kalambaka Train Station, to make the 5:15 PM departure for Athens, scheduled to arrive at 9:30 PM.
IncludesRound-trip train tickets from Athens to Kalambaka and back Customized 5-hour tour of Meteora Panoramic view of all 6 monasteries English- or Spanish-speaking local guide Pickup and drop-off at Kalambaka Train Station Luxury minibus for small groups of about 20 people during the tour A short stop after pickup from the train for a snack (your cost) Free Wi-Fi on the bus Free panoramic Meteora map All taxes Food or drinks Licenced Guide - Guidance inside the Holy Monasteries Hotel pick-up and drop off in Athens Entrance fees to the monasteries (€3) Gratuities (optional)
- Please note that to go inside the monasteries you must be dressed modestly. Women must wear long skirts and long-sleeved blouses. Men must wear long pants and long-sleeved shirts
- Your guide will pick you up and drop you off at Kalambaka Train Station even if the train is delayed
- Your train tickets are e-tickets and will be sent by email after your tour is confirmed
- Please be at the station 30 minutes before the train departure to find the train, your seat, or the steward of the train company to assist you
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now