My Guide Website?
From Athens: Guided Day Trip to Delphi and Arachova301 Reviews
Explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Delphi, and visit the famous Oracle. Admire the breathtaking mountainous scenery of Parnassus.
- See where the Oracle of Delphi once delivered prophecy while in a divine trance
- Visit the Temple of Apollo & Athena Pronaia Sanctuary (Tholos)
- Explore Delphi’s Archaeological Museum and see treasures like the Charioteer
- Visit the Greek traditional village of Arachova
- Avoid the congestion of the city with direct departure 1΄ from the highway
DescriptionEmbark on a tour of Delphi from Athens and explore this Unesco World Heritage Site. Take in the spectacular views from Parnassus and discover the picturesque village of Arachova. Meet your guide at the Halandri Metro Station and journey to Delphi via bus. As you drive towards Delphi, you’ll see the sacred site emerge from two terraced rocks known as Fedriades. Discover what the ancient Greeks called “the navel of the earth.” Visit the Oracle of Delphi, the holiest site in Ancient Greece. Learn about great figures of ancient history such as Alexander the Great and Cicero as you take a trip to Greek mythology. Explore the archaeological museum of Delphi, and see artifacts from the Archaic through the Roman era, including the Sphinx of the Naxians, the Iniohos, and the statue of Antinoos. Afterward, enjoy a delicious homemade lunch at a nearby restaurant (at your expense). Before returning to Athens, see the picturesque village of Arachova nestled in the foothills of Mt. Parnassus.
IncludesRound-trip transportation to and from Athens Transportation in a luxury air-conditioned bus Hotel pickup and drop-off (if private option selected) English-speaking archaeologist trip attendant Free WiFi on the bus Basic travel insurance
- There are stairs on rough terrain
- Students of the European Union and children under 18 years old go free of charge to the archaeological site and museum
- Students of higher education outside the European Union and citizens of the European Union over 65 years old and get 50% off the entrance fee to the archaeological site and museum
- From November to March the entrance fee to the archaeological site and museum is €6