My Guide Website?
From Athens: Meteora 2-Day Trip by Train with a Local Guide92 Reviews
Travel by train from Athens to Meteora and enjoy two 4-hour Meteora tours including a majestic sunset tour. See all 6 monasteries and marvel at the amazing phenomenon of the giant rocks. Learn about the area's history from the best local tour guides.
- Enjoy 2 guided Meteora tours including a sunset tour on Meteora Rocks
- Stop at the best panoramic viewing spots and take incredible photos
- See the magnificent monasteries
- Be accompanied by a local tour guide
DescriptionExplore the wonders of Meteora on an overnight trip from Athens including round-trip train tickets and your choice of accommodation. Discover the area with a local guide on the sunset tour, morning tour, and hiking tour. Visit historic monasteries and admire scenic Greek landscapes. After taking the train from Athens to Kalabaka, get picked up from the train station and transferred to check into your reserved hotel. After lunch (not included), enjoy a sunset tour of Meteora. Head back to your hotel or finish your day with a visit to Kalabaka town for a short walk. The next morning, join a comprehensive Meteora morning tour or a Meteora hiking tour. For the next 4-hours, experience all the beauty of the unique phenomenon of Meteora and the holy monasteries on top of the rock giants. After the tour ends, get transferred back to your hotel where you can get ready for your departure back to Athens in the evening.
IncludesRound-trip train tickets Accommodation in a 3-star or 4-star hotel (depending on option selected) Sunset on Meteora Rocks tour Morning Meteora and monasteries tour or Meteora hiking tour Local guide on Meteora tours Monastery visits Hotel pickup and drop-off during the tour Transportation via minibus Wi-Fi on the bus Meteora map Pickup from Kalabaka Train Station upon arrival and transfer to your hotel
- The local train company only issues 20 first-class tickets for the journey. If you select first-class train tickets when booking, and availability is restricted, you will be refunded the first-class ticket price, with second-class train tickets provided instead
- Visitors inside monasteries must be dressed modestly. Women must wear long skirts and long-sleeved blouses. Men must wear long pants and long-sleeved shirts