My Guide Website?
From Athens: Meteora Day Trip by Train w/ Live & Audio Guide368 Reviews
Embark on a day trip by train to Meteora from Athens and explore the monasteries and rock formations. Discover untold tales within the monasteries while enjoying audio commentary on your phone.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Athens:If youʻre booking your trip to Athens last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Travel from Athens to the UNESCO-listed Meteora monasteries
- Visit 3 monasteries and gain insights through the audio tour
- Admire the breathtaking views from the Panorama Rock
- Explore the fascinating hermit caves of Badovas
- Walk around the charming town of Kalambaka
DescriptionExplore the UNESCO-listed Meteora monasteries on a full-day guided trip from Athens, the only one with an audio guide inside the monasteries and during the train journey. Take the train to Kalambaka and ascend to the clifftop to admire the monasteries and hermit caves of Badovas. Arrive at the Athens railway station and catch the train for Kalambaka. Having your audio tour available on your phone, admire the beauty of the countryside along the way and learn important historical information before arriving in Kalambaka, a small town built at the foot of rocky grey cliffs crowned by the monasteries of Meteora, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Spot your guide upon arrival in Kalambaka, holding a signboard with your name on it. Be shown to the vehicle that’ll take you to the monasteries where you'll have time to visit 3 of them. During your free time, dig deep into the long history of these monasteries, learn about unknown and anecdotal stories and explore the hermit caves of Badovas, everything along with your audio guide. At the end of the day, be transferred back to Kalambaka. Enjoy some time to explore the town and enjoy a light lunch (not included in the tour price). Afterwards, the train departs Kalambaka, arriving in Athens in the evening.
IncludesRound-trip train tickets Local guide Monasteries audio tour Map Bottle of water Hotel pickup (private options only)
- The train departs from Athens at 8:28 AM and arrives at 1:00 PM. The return trip from Kalabaka is at 5:45 PM with arrival in Athens at 10:00 PM To enter the monasteries, appropriate clothing is required. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women