My Guide Website?
From Athens: Nemea & Nafplio Private Wine and History Tour2 Reviews
A tour to learn the secrets of wine making, taste the local wines and visit Nafplio, which is of high cultural importance in Greek wine making. You will also learn of some of the unknown rich culture of this region of Greece.
- Visit the largest viticultural area of Greece
- Taste amazing wines
- Enjoy a tour in the wonderful city of Nafplio
- Learn more of Greece's history
DescriptionThe Nemea region of Peloponnese is a highly recommended trip both to savor the unique local wine varieties paired with food delicacies, and to see some interesting cultural spots that will introduce you to the history of Greece. Nemea is approximately 120 kilometers and only 1 hour away from Athens. It is worth visiting to taste a high quality Greek Agiorgitiko PDO red wine. Agiorgitiko, a name that comes from St. George (Agios Georgios in Greek), is one of the two most recognizable Greek red varieties along with Xinomavro of Naoussa (located in northern Greece). The area is divided into three sub-zones, classified by altitude where you can find various wineries and taste the different styles of Agiorgitiko together with other Greek wine varieties. Other varieties cultivated in the area are the pink-skinned Moschofilero and Roditis, the white Assyrtiko, Malagousia, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc. They also produce red wines such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Syrah. On this tour you will combine a premium wine tasting and introduction and the philosophy of the wine production in the region with a cultural visit of the old city of Nafplio, the original capital of Greece.
IncludesPick-up and return transfer from your point of choice within Athens Visit to two wineries for the tour and tasting Visit and free time to the town of Nafplio Experienced sommelier/wine expert throughout the tour (from pick up to return) All admissions and tasting fees A small bottle of mineral water
- Passengers must be able to prove they are over the age 18 years for consumption of alcohol at wineries
- Please wear comfortable shoes, sunglasses and a hat
- Bring photo/video equipment if you wish to document your day
- We recommend that all traveler’s have their own insurance policy that covers all the activities on the tour (such as delay, illness and loss of property which may result in failure to join or complete the tour)
- We accept no responsibility for lost or stolen property
- Pick up locations must be confirmed 24 hours prior to tour departure
- Smoking is not permitted on the vehicles or inside winery buildings