My Guide Website?
From Athens: Private Day Trip to the Monasteries of Meteora
Marvel at the astonishing Monasteries of Meteora suspended on top of sandstone rock pillars formed over 60 million years ago. Discover this amazing location founded in the 14th and 15th centuries.
- Admire The Holy Monastery of Great Meteoro
- Visit the great monastery of St. Stephan built in the 16th century
- Explore the traditional village of Kastraki
- Stop off at Thermopylae and the Statue of King Leonidas
DescriptionBegin your adventure with pickup from Piraeus port or your hotel in Athens at 8 AM am and embark on an incredible journey to the monasteries of Meteora, one of the greatest archaeological sites in the world. Make your first stop at The Holy Monastery of Great Meteoro, the largest and oldest formation on the site, breathtakingly suspended in the air. Make a second stop at the Monastery of St. Stephen, a small church built in the 16th century. This fascinating structure rests on a plain rather than a cliff and was damaged during World War II before nuns took over the site and reconstructed it. Admire the treasures of Byzantine at the museum inside the monastery. Finish this mesmerizing day trip at the picturesque villages of Kalambaka, where you can treat yourself to a delicious traditional Greek lunch. On your way back to Athens, make a short stop at Thermopylae and the Statue of King Leonidas, dedicated to the great battle that took place in 480 BC. Get dropped off back at your hotel at around 8:30 PM.
IncludesPick up & drop off from your hotel Private transportation with English speaking driver Bottled water All taxes
- The tour has a guaranteed departure and it is completely private. Your chauffeur will assist you with anything you might require along the way and recommend you the best places for lunch and photographs along the way
- If the Holy Monastery of Great Meteoro is not open on the date you book, a similar site will be visited instead