My Guide Website?
From Athens: Temple of Poseidon and Cape Sounion Tour361 Reviews
Take a guided tour of Cape Sounion and the Temple of Poseidon from Athens. Pass idyllic beaches, see some of the most gorgeous ruins of ancient Greece, and learn about Greek history.
- Discover the Cape Sounion and the Temple of Poseidon on the half-day tour
- Enjoy beautiful views of the Saronic Gulf and its islands
- Experience breathtaking Cape Sounion, with its steep cliffs and crystal blue waters
- Walk back in time to the Temple of Poseidon, God of the Sea
DescriptionHead to Cape Sounion to explore the Archaeological Site of Sounion and the Temple of Poseidon on a guided trip from Athens, with hotel transfers and entry fees included. See remnants of an ancient town and learn about the Golden Age of Athens from your guide. Start with a bus ride along the scenic coastal road. Enjoy splendid views of the Saronic Gulf while passing through some of Athen's most beautiful suburbs such as Glyfada, Vouliagmeni, and Varkiza. Arrive at Cape Sounion, a historically significant area of Greece. The steep cliffs offer sweeping panoramic views, and on a clear day, you can see the surrounding islands. Enter the archaeological site and visit the 5th-century BC Temple of Poseidon, dedicated to the God of the Sea in Greek mythology. Made of white marble, the columns still stand today as a reminder of the Athenian Empire. After experiencing the monuments and ruins of ancient Greece, relax on the drive back to Athens.
IncludesEntrance fee to Cape Sounion archaeological site Guide Transportation in air-conditioned bus Pickup and drop-off from centrally located hotels
- Pick-up is available from the majority of hotels in Athens and takes place approximately 1 hour before the tour departure time Alternatively, you can meet at the activity provider's office 15 minutes before the tour departure time