My Guide Website?
From Athens: Transport and Optional Guided Tour of Sounion1 Reviews
Visit Sounion on a morning or afternoon tour from Athens and discover its ancient Temple of Poseidon. Enjoy private transport and choose from options with a tour host or licensed guide.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Athens:If youʻre booking your trip to Athens last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Athens Riviera Trikke Bike Tour & Vouliagmeni Lake
- Athens: The Original Greek Food Tour
- Athens: Museum of Illusions Admission Ticket
- Nea Makri: Marathon Cape & Bay of Schinias Snorkeling Trip
- Athens: Acropolis, Parthenon, & Acropolis Museum Guided Tour
- Visit the Temple of Poseidon on a short trip from Athens and enjoy the sunset
- Discover an ancient temple built during the Athenian Golden Age
- Feel the mythological atmosphere as you admire the ruins
- Upgrade your tour to include a host or licensed guide
- Relax with private transport from your hotel in Athens
DescriptionDrive along the Athenian coastline to Sounion to see the Temple of Poseidon on a day trip from Athens. Enjoy private transport and add to your experience by selecting escorted or guided tour options. Start your tour with a short drive along the the Saronic Gulf. Reach Sounion and visit the 5th-century BC temple dedicated to the sea god, Poseidon. This ancient temple still has an aura and sunset that has captivated visitors over the years. Built at the same time as the Parthenon, during Athens’ Golden Age, it was used both to worship Poseidon and to let sailors know that they were almost home. Discover the ruins of this ancient temple and relax with transfer back to your hotel.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off (any hotel in Athens) Driver (If you want a licensed guide or an escort please choose the appropriate option) Transportation by luxury car/limousine/minivan/minibus with Wi-Fi (vechicle type depends on the number of people)
- The driver is not a licensed guide for archaeological areas and can't enter them with you; if you need a licensed guide, make sure you book the corresponding option Pick-up and drop off point is the same