My Guide Website?
Mantinia: Private Wine Tasting with Cave Tour and Lunch
A tour to regional Greece where you will be able to indulge in a wine tour, tasting, and lunch. In between the tastings, you will have time to visit the impressive cave of Kapsia.
- Visit a prominent viticultural area of Greece
- Taste amazing wines
- Visit one of the most impressive caves in Greece
- Get in touch with the local wilderness
DescriptionOne of the most famous appellation of origin wines of Peloponnese is Mantinia. Mantinia, located in the heart of Peloponnese, is approximately 160 kilometers from Athens near the city of Tripoli. As you head out to this region, you will drive through beautiful nature and endless vineyards, and within 1.5 hours you will arrive in Mantinia. Once here, you will visit two wineries with incredible local wines, be introduced to the wine history of the region and taste some exceptional wine products. Mantinia produces PDO wines from the aromatic white variety of Moschofilero. Another white variety that you will can find in the region is Asproudes, which is allowed to be mixed at certain percentages with Moschofilero to produce PDO wines. Moschofilero is a variety with a high acidity that separates it from dry whites, it also produce sparkling wines either with the traditional or the closed tank method. Along the way you will also have time to explore the famous cave of Kapsia, a wonder of nature. At the end of the tour you will have a light lunch of traditional recipes either inside the second winery or in a nearby tavern.
IncludesPick up and return transfer from your chosen point within Athens Visit to two wineries for tours and tastings Entrance to the cave of Kapsia Experienced sommelier/wine expert throughout the tour (from pick-up to return) All admissions and tasting fees A small bottle of mineral water Lunch Gratuities (optional)
- Passengers must be able to provide proof they are 18 years or older for consumption of alcohol at the wineries
- Please bring comfortable shoes, sunglasses and a hat
- Bring photo/video equipment if you wish to document your day
- We recommend that all travelers have their own insurance policy that covers all the activities on the tour including delay, illness and loss of property which may result in failure to join or complete our tour
- We accept no responsibility for lost or stolen property
- Pick up locations must be confirmed 24 hours prior to tour departure
- Smoking is not permitted on our vehicles or inside winery buildings
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now