Meteora: Full-Day Private Trip from Athens or Piraeus7 Reviews
Enjoy a fascinating trip to the Meteora rock formations with UNESCO world heritage listed monasteries, constructed on stunning naturally formed pillars. Choose your pickup location from either Athens or Piraeus, and travel in comfort.
- See all 6 monasteries at the Meteora
- Climb the extraordinary rock formations
- Enter 1 or 2 of the monasteries to get a glimpse of life inside
- Take photos of the breathtaking landscape
- Enjoy a 4-hour drive through the Greek mainland
DescriptionSet off on an exciting journey of discovery with this fantastic full-day trip to the beautiful Meteora caves. After being picked up by your driver/ guide from Athens or Piraeus, sit back and relax as you drive through the Greek mainland. Take in the stunning countryside as you travel and snap some photos. Have the chance to enjoy lunch at a nearby village on the way. Reach the Meteora caves, where an unforgettable experience awaits you. Comprising of sandstone and conglomerate, the caves at Meteora are thought to have been inhabited as early as 50,000 years ago. In the 9th century, monks began inhabiting them again and in the 14th century the first monasteries were built. Nowadays, Meteora is home to one of the most important complexes of Eastern Orthodox monasteries. As you explore, see all six of these monasteries, built on large naturally-formed pillars. Close to the city of Kalambaka, Meteora is waiting to fascinate you with breathtaking views and unique natural beauty. After your day of exploration, relax once more as you're transferred back to Athens or Piraeus.
IncludesRound-trip transportation Fuel cost, toll fees and taxes English-speaking driver. Air-conditioned vehicle Entrance fees (€3 per monastery) Food and drinks Guided tour inside the monasteries
- • At the time of booking, please indicate your preferred pickup point in Athens or Piraeus. • The drive from Athens takes close to 4 hours. Please be prepared for this. • To reach the monasteries, you will be required to climb stairs. Please wear comfortable shoes. • The monasteries have a strict dress code. Men must wear trousers and long sleeves and women must wear a long skirt. If you do turn up in shorts, trousers and long skirts will be provided.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability