My Guide Website?
Rhodes: Ancient Kamiros, Kritinia Fort, Embona, & Filerimos95 Reviews
Discover Rhodes' unique ancient monuments, fascinating medieval forts, and scenic countryside on this guided tour. Visit the Ancient Kamiros, Kritinia Fortress, Embona village, FIlerimos, and much more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Athens:If youʻre booking your trip to Athens last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover one of the most mysterious sites - Kamiros, known as the Greek Pompeii
- Take in jaw-dropping views from the well-preserved medieval fortress of Kritinia
- Have free time in Embona - wine village, to taste local wines or have your lunch
- Walk a picturesque path surrounded by peacocks on Filerimos
DescriptionExplore one of the best-preserved Classical Greek cities - the ancient Kamiros and have free time to admire the remains of a 3rd-century BC Doric temple, public baths, an altar to the Greek god Helios, the 6th-century BC Temple of Athena Polias, and a 206m (675ft) covered central walkway. Then, have a chance to experience a 14th-century AD fort erected by the Knights of St. John in Kritinia and get the best view of the west coastline and nearby islands of Halki and Alimia. Continue your day with a stop at Embona, known as a wine village, and have free time to taste local wines or have lunch in a village tavern. You will have your free time to enjoy. Then take another scenic drive through the countryside and learn about the ancient Ialysos city before you finish the day with unforgettable panoramic views from Mt. Filerimos and have fun watching peacocks surrounding the area.
IncludesPickup and drop-off from Faliraki, Kallithea, Rhodes City, Ixia, and Ialysos
- Pickup Service is scheduled between 8:45 AM and 10:00 AM. Your precise pickup time depends on your accommodation All the sites have access to public bathrooms Kritinia's Fortress has approx. 90 steps to reach the top Some parts of the road are winding