My Guide Website?
The Greek Food Discovery in Athens77 Reviews
Indulge yourself in a culinary journey during which you will get to know the people who create the culinary story of the city. You will taste regional specialties, try the best street food, and discover secret gastronomic gems.
- Visit the oldest cafe in Athens and take your morning coffee with views to Acropolis
- Enjoy the early morning vibe of the city
- Τaste and learn more about some of the most delicious products of Greece
- Discover some of the best hidden gems of the city
- Try a new version of the most famous Greek morning snack
- Mingle with the locals in the food market
DescriptionDiscover the city at a relaxing pace with your local expert who will share their love for delicious dishes and tasty products. This gastronomic adventure starts with a delicious Greek coffee and a delicacy while you enjoy the early morning vibe of the city and the view to Acropolis as you take the first sip. Travel through time as you get to know the history of one of the oldest coffee shops in Athens and find out everything you need to know about Greek coffee. The place is as instagrammable as it gets, so grab your cameras and shoot some great photos as you have your relaxing morning coffee chat! You must have heard a lot about morning snacks, but this one is definitely a newcomer to the Greek gastronomy. It is the most beloved healthy snack for Greeks coming with a special twist! The local culinary scene continues to evolve and you will be thrilled to discover something new. This is a surprise but fear not... you will love it! Keep exploring the most exciting flavors of Greece through a workshop where you will taste and learn more about some of the most delicious products of this country. This is also where the most vibrant part of the city is located, a year-round food oasis. Here you will feel the real pulse of the city, among food stalls, coffee shops, open-air markets, and well-hidden tavernas. Let your senses guide you; this is the local food market where you will mingle with the locals and you will observe, smell, and touch the best quality ingredients this city has to offer! If you think you have experienced enough, wait until you stroll around Spice street where you will find the best herbs that are collected from all over the Greek peninsula. So, next time you cook for your friends, don’t get surprised if they ask you about your secret ingredient. Most probably. smelling all these different ingredients will have already stimulated your appetite. No worries! This is the moment to discover some of the best-hidden tavernas. Feel that old time nostalgia as these places are about to eclipse nowadays and there are only a few of them left. You will taste typical Greek tapas (mezes) and drink wine or ouzo in a place that will remind you of an old black & white film set back in the '60s! This is as authentic as it gets! And remember… the more hungry you come, the better! Important info: Please inform the supplier about any food allergies or dietary restrictions.
IncludesLots of delicious Greek food Visits to authentic local cafes and restaurants Some of the best-hidden gems of the city The guidance of a world traveler and local expert guide
- At the time of booking please inform the supplier about any food allergies or dietary restrictions. The meeting point, locations, and tastings may differ on weekdays after 4 PM and Saturdays/Sundays (some places/delis and the food market are closed). In these cases, the activities will be replaced with other options ensuring you still have the chance to enjoy plenty of Greek food and drinks. Your guide is fully vaccinated.