Acropolis Skip-the-line Ticket with Audio Tour on Your Phone
Are you a business owner in Athens?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Athens.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Skip the ticket line and enter the Acropolis Hill with a pre-booked entry ticket which is sent to you by email
- Download a digital self-guided audio tour on your smartphone and listen to engaging stories about the Acropolis
- Explore the Propylaea, where the ancient Athenians are said to have placed a statue made by the famous philosopher Socrates
- Visit the Erechtheion where there was once a golden lamp that could burn for a whole year with a single refuel
- Enjoy the view from the Belvedere, and read about Xanthias, the worker who left his signature on the Parthenon stones
- Discover the reason for the construction of a bastion only on your right-hand side as you climb the great staircase of the Acropolis
DescriptionThere is a ritual associated with a visit to Athens. First, you enjoy a souvlaki and an authentic Greek salad. And then, as soon as possible, you climb to the Acropolis. Skip the line to enter the most iconic attraction of Athens! Receive your ticket by email and go directly to the ticket-validating machines at the entrance. In addition, download the digital self-guided audio tour “Acropolis Classic” which combines history, politics, art, religion, and true stories from the daily lives of ancient Athenians to present the Acropolis of Athens and its classical monuments in an entertaining and revealing approach. Each stop comes with a selection of signature stories, allowing you to tailor this experience to your personal interests and schedule. After you download it on your smartphone, the digital audio tour begins at the great staircase, the traditional way of visiting the Acropolis since the time of Pericles. The temple of Athena Nike allows you to explore the defensive role of the Acropolis and learn about the clash between innovators and conservatives in ancient Athens. Then you enter the Propylaea, a building much admired in antiquity (perhaps even more than the Parthenon). Most vestiges of its former beauty and glory are gone but try to imagine what it must have been like walking through the great doors and looking at a statue made by the great philosopher Socrates. As you enter the great court, right past the Propylaea, you see the Parthenon for the first time but you are also invited to envision this open space packed with statues of gods and heroes, including a bronze copy of the Trojan Horse. The Erechtheum is a peculiar temple, home to many different deities and divine ancestors, as well as a snake that enjoyed eating honey cakes. The old temple of Athena is nothing more than a line of stones on the ground, thanks to the fire and fury of the Persian invaders. And yet, among these ruins lie the remnants of the old palace of the Mycenaean kings of Athens. As you take in the magnificent panorama of Athens at the Belvedere viewpoint, you will learn about the ingenious methods employed by the Athenians to bring all this marble from a distant mountain to the top of the Acropolis. Finally, it is time to explore the Parthenon, home to the gold and ivory statue of Athena Parthenos. The temple is a paradigm of architectural and artistic perfection. But it is also the source of countless stories about the throne of the Persian king, the birth of Athena, the virgins who spent their youth knitting the peplos of the goddess. Did we mention that the Parthenon is actually a pyramid?
IncludesEntrance fee / adult ticket for the Acropolis of Athens Skip-the-line service (ticket sent to your email) Self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English Offline content with offline interactive map Free time on the Acropolis Hill Live guide Smartphone or headphones Food and drinks Hotel pick-up and drop off
- After booking, you will receive an email from the local supplier with your personal promo code and instructions for the audio tour. Υour Acropolis entry ticket will be emailed to you 72 hours prior to your selected travel time.
- Go directly to the entrance and show the ticket (printed or on your phone) at the validating machines. No need to wait at the ticket line
- This is a combination of a skip-the-line ticket to the Acropolis and a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone. It doesn't include a guided tour of the Acropolis, and no live guide will accompany you.
- You must have an Android or iOS smartphone for the digital audio-tour. Please note that Windows phones are not compatible
- The audio tour can be used repeatedly at any time, online or offline. Please use your headphones to best enjoy it
- Acropolis opening hours: from September 16-30, 8:00 AM-7:00 PM; October 1-15, 8:00 AM-6:30 PM; October 16-31, 8:00 AM-6:00 PM; November 1 to March 31, 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
Easy cancellationCancel up to 3 days in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Archeological Museum and Panoramic Private Tour in Athens
Visit one of the greatest museums in the world and enjoy a unique panoramic sightseing tour.From €400.00
Private 2-Day Tour to Delphi & Meteora from Athens
Enjoy a 2-day trip from Athens that takes you to the archeological site at Delphi and to Meteora, home to centuries-old monasteries perched atop monolithic pillars. You’ll also visit Thermopylae, where King Leonidas fought for the freedom of Greece.
Mythical Rivers & Hills of Athens 3-Hour Walking Tour
On this guided walk you’ll come across ancient sanctuaries dedicated to mysterious gods, and Christian churches that replaced old temples, caves, and Roman baths. You’ll hear urban myths, see the remains of ancient neighborhoods, and visit sacred hills.
Best of Athens Segway Tour
Athens is brimming with incredible sights to see – and when you don’t have much time, they can seem like too many! Now, with our Best of Athens Segway Tour, you don’t have to miss out with this combination of our two most popular tours.4 Reviews
- Best Seller
From 4-Days Classical Tour with Meteora
Prehistory, the classical period, the Roman domination, the Byzantine Empire, the Crusades and modern times - Greece through the centuries will unfold before you on this4 ReviewsFrom €530.00
Taste of Half-Day Small Group Food Tour
Indulge in a stroll around the heart of the historic old city of Athens. Make more than 8 different stops during your walk and taste a variety of samples. Eat enough to fFrom €68.00
Wine Tasting and Athens Trikke Combo Tour
Discover the wonders of Athens on an electric Trikke, and complete your tour with a premium wine tasting experience.From €105.00
Temple of Poseidon and Cape Sounion Tour: From Athens
Take a half-day tour of Cape Sounion and the Temple of Poseidon. Pass idyllic beaches as you leave Athens for some of the most gorgeous ruins of Ancient Greece. Your fun167 ReviewsFrom €49.00
Athens Combo: Greek Islands Cruise and the Acropolis Ticket
Enjoy a cruise to the fabulous islands of Poros, Hydra, and Aegina as well as skip-the-line entry to the Acropolis. Cruise around Saronic Golf with its crystal blue waterFrom €125.00
Athens Riviera Activities & Cape Sounion Private Tour
Savor sensational views of Cape Sounion and explore the sacred Temple of Poseidon on this private half-day tour from Athens. Set out on a thrilling coastal drive along thFrom €129.00