Athens 6-Hour Guided Tour with Transfers
Are you a business owner in Athens?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Athens.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Explore the Acropolis site and see its impressive monuments
- Visit the Acropolis Museum, considered the 5th-best museum in the world
- Browse the markets in Monastiraki and stop for lunch in Plaka
DescriptionOn this 6-hour Athens tour you’ll have time to experience Greek hospitality, marvel at the ancient monuments of the Acropolis, enjoy some traditional Greek food, and do some shopping. Visit the majestic Acropolis and its ancient monuments, including the Propylae, the Erechtheion, the reconstructed temple of Nike, and of course the Parthenon, which was dedicated to Goddess Athena. Explore the new Acropolis Museum, which is said to be the world’s 5th-best museum. Stop to have a cup of coffee as you take in the Acropolis views. See the ruins of the Temple of Zeus, which in ancient times was the largest temple in Greece. Visit the Panathenaiko Stadium, where the first modern Olympics were held in 1896. Go on a bit of a run inside the stadium, following in the footsteps of marathon runners, and find the seat of Pierre de Coubertain, the father of the modern Olympic Games. Take in the views of Athens from Mount Lycabettus and watch the changing of the Royal Guards at the Parliament. Pass by the Presidential Palace and the prime minister’s house. Admire Neoclassic buildings such as Athens University, the Numismatic Museum, the National Library, the Cycladic Museum, and the Byzantine Museum. Visit the flea markets in Monastiraki. Explore Plaka's souvenir shops and choose a restaurant for lunch where you can enjoy traditional Greek food.
IncludesPick-up and drop-off at Athens hotels or the port of Piraeus, in a deluxe air-conditioned vehicle Bottled water Wi-Fi Entrance fees Lunch and drinks Gratuities Licensed guide
- Please note the following:
- The Acropolis Museum is open from 08:00-20:00. Tickets cost EUR 5.00.
- The Acropolis is open from 08:00-19:00 in the summer, and from 08:30-15:00 during the winter season (1 November to 31 March).
- An Acropolis multi-ticket costs EUR 12.00 and includes entrance to the Temple of Zeus, Ancient Agora, Roman Forum, Kerameikos, and the Theater of Dionysos.
- All sites and museums are closed on 1 January, 25 March, 1 May, 28 October, Christmas Day, and Boxing Day. Sites are open from 12:00-15:00 on Good Friday and on Holy Saturday from 08:30-15:00. Sites are closed on Easter Sunday and open on Easter Monday from 08:30-15:00.
- During the summer, it’s best to wear light clothing and to avoid dark colors. As the Acropolis can be very slippery, athletic shoes are recommended.
- You can purchase tax-free items during your shopping trip.
- The order of visits may be changed due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Note that the driver cannot escort you inside sites.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Mythical Rivers & Hills of Athens 3-Hour Walking Tour
On this guided walk you’ll come across ancient sanctuaries dedicated to mysterious gods, and Christian churches that replaced old temples, caves, and Roman baths. You’ll hear urban myths, see the remains of ancient neighborhoods, and visit sacred hills.
Best of Athens Segway Tour
Athens is brimming with incredible sights to see – and when you don’t have much time, they can seem like too many! Now, with our Best of Athens Segway Tour, you don’t have to miss out with this combination of our two most popular tours.4 Reviews
Private 2-Day Tour to Delphi & Meteora from Athens
Enjoy a 2-day trip from Athens that takes you to the archeological site at Delphi and to Meteora, home to centuries-old monasteries perched atop monolithic pillars. You’ll also visit Thermopylae, where King Leonidas fought for the freedom of Greece.
Archeological Museum and Panoramic Private Tour in Athens
Visit one of the greatest museums in the world and enjoy a unique panoramic sightseing tour.From €400.00
Athens City, Acropolis and Museum Tour with Entry Tickets
Experience the contrasts of Athens on a tour of the city center and archaeological ruins of the Acropolis. See the state monuments of Syntagma Square and learn more about11 ReviewsFrom €83.00
Afternoon at Cape Sounion & Temple of Poseidon
Journey to the southernmost tip of the Attica peninsula to spend the afternoon at Cape Sounion and the Temple of Poseidon. Drive along the coastal road and get splendid v1 ReviewsFrom €49.00
Street Art Tour
Athens is a street art mecca and a veritable playground for street artists. In fact, the word graffiti derives from a Greek word! Join us on a journey through non-tourist2 ReviewsFrom €45.00
From Half-Day Ancient Corinth Tour
Depart from Athens for this half-day tour to Corinth to see its important ancient sites such as Corinth Canal, Temple of Apollo and the Port of Cehrees.9 ReviewsFrom €62.00
Flavors of Athens Private Food Tour For Families
Enjoy an exciting gastronomy tour specially designed for families. Discover the food culture of Athens in a fun way with several stops for tastings. Gain an entertainingFrom €200.00
National Garden 2-Hour Segway Tour
Segway through the green oasis of the National Gardens of Athens on an eco-friendly 2-hour private tour of the modern city center. The tour encompasses ancient ruins, the4 ReviewsFrom €59.00