Athens, Acropolis & Museum Tour without Tickets
Are you a business owner in Athens?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Athens.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Visit the Acropolis with a professional licensed guide
- See other highlights of the city including the National Garden of Athens
- Tour the Acropolis Museum, and learn more about this important archeological site
DescriptionOn this comprehensive city tour you’ll see some of the most important landmarks and sights in the historical center of Athens. You’ll also tour the Acropolis, enjoying an in-depth guided tour of this World Heritage Site. The 5-hour tour begins inside the Syntagma metro station where your guide will show you the archaeological finds that came to light during the construction of the metro. Head on to Parliament House and the Monument to the Unknown Soldier. See the changing of the guard before continuing on to the National Garden of Athens and the beautiful neo-classical Zappeion Hall. In front of the hall, note the surviving columns of the Temple of Zeus and Hadrian’s Arch Tower. Enter the famous Plaka district, and continue on the beautiful pedestrian walkway of Dionyssiou Areopagitou to the Acropolis. Begin your ascent while taking in spectacular views of the city below. Your guide will provide a detailed account of the monuments of the Acropolis, including the Parthenon, Erechteion, Propylaia, and the Nike Temple. Learn about surrounding landmarks, such as the Dionysus Sanctuary, Philopappos Hill, Mars Hill, and the Ancient Agora. The tours ends at the New Acropolis Museum, where you’ll have a chance to see some of the more than 4,000 magnificent objects that were unearthed during the excavation of the site.
Includes⦁ Local licensed guide ⦁ Skip-the-line service ⦁ Athens guide magazine ⦁ Athens map Entrance fees (approximately €36 per adult/€18 concessions/€5 per child) Hotel pickup and drop-off Food and drinks Gratuities (optional)
- The tour duration is 5 hours and 10 minutes, and the walk itself is around 55 minutes
- The distance covered is around 1.5 miles, with many stops in shady corners
- The walking pace is moderate and suitable for everyone
- Please wear comfortable shoes, and bring a hat and a bottle of water (also available for purchase on the way)
- Bring a sweater if you are visiting in the early spring or autumn
- There are restrooms along the way
- The tour is conducted in English, and operates daily
- Please note that the 1st part of the tour ends at the Acropolis at 1:00 PM. At this point, you will have 45 minutes of free time to get a snack or a drink before you start the guided tour to the Museum in the museum at 1:45. You can do this in the coffee shop of the museum or at the many spots along the pedestrian walkway next to the museum
- Please have in mind that baby strollers are not allowed on the Acropolis archaeological site and that there is no cloakroom at the side entrance used to enter.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Best of Athens Segway Tour
Athens is brimming with incredible sights to see – and when you don’t have much time, they can seem like too many! Now, with our Best of Athens Segway Tour, you don’t have to miss out with this combination of our two most popular tours.4 Reviews
Mythical Rivers & Hills of Athens 3-Hour Walking Tour
On this guided walk you’ll come across ancient sanctuaries dedicated to mysterious gods, and Christian churches that replaced old temples, caves, and Roman baths. You’ll hear urban myths, see the remains of ancient neighborhoods, and visit sacred hills.
Archeological Museum and Panoramic Private Tour in Athens
Visit one of the greatest museums in the world and enjoy a unique panoramic sightseing tour.From €400.00
Private 2-Day Tour to Delphi & Meteora from Athens
Enjoy a 2-day trip from Athens that takes you to the archeological site at Delphi and to Meteora, home to centuries-old monasteries perched atop monolithic pillars. You’ll also visit Thermopylae, where King Leonidas fought for the freedom of Greece.
Wine Tasting and Athens Trikke Combo Tour
Discover the wonders of Athens on an electric Trikke, and complete your tour with a premium wine tasting experience.From €105.00
Full-Day Private Tour
For those who seek the perfect city, this is Athens, which combines the old with the new and the modern with the history perfectly.1 ReviewsFrom €370.00
Athens Night Tour: 3 Hours by Segway
Ride around Athens at night on a special tour by Segway. Enjoy 3 hours of fun as you hear about the city’s history and take in many of its highlights. Experience the ni7 ReviewsFrom €89.00
Delphi and Meteora: 2-Day Bus Tour from Athens
Two day tour to Meteora monasteries including visit of Delphi archaeological site.2 ReviewsFrom €189.20
Painting the Parthenon Private Activity for Families
Participate in an entertaining painting activity which is perfect for young travelers and families. Climb up to Pnyx Hill and after admiring the spectacular views enjoy aFrom €180.00
Athens Sightseeing and Acropolis Half-Day Shore Excursion
Explore the ancient city of Athens from Piraeus Port with a private guide. See the splendor of the Acropolis and the new Acropolis Museum, visit the birthplace of the modFrom €490.00