Athens, Acropolis & Museum Tour without Tickets
Are you a business owner in Athens?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Athens.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Visit the Acropolis with a professional licensed guide
- See other highlights of the city including the National Garden of Athens
- Tour the Acropolis Museum, and learn more about this important archeological site
DescriptionOn this comprehensive city tour you’ll see some of the most important landmarks and sights in the historical center of Athens. You’ll also tour the Acropolis, enjoying an in-depth guided tour of this World Heritage Site. The 5-hour tour begins inside the Syntagma metro station where your guide will show you the archaeological finds that came to light during the construction of the metro. Head on to Parliament House and the Monument to the Unknown Soldier. See the changing of the guard before continuing on to the National Garden of Athens and the beautiful neo-classical Zappeion Hall. In front of the hall, note the surviving columns of the Temple of Zeus and Hadrian’s Arch Tower. Enter the famous Plaka district, and continue on the beautiful pedestrian walkway of Dionyssiou Areopagitou to the Acropolis. Begin your ascent while taking in spectacular views of the city below. Your guide will provide a detailed account of the monuments of the Acropolis, including the Parthenon, Erechteion, Propylaia, and the Nike Temple. Learn about surrounding landmarks, such as the Dionysus Sanctuary, Philopappos Hill, Mars Hill, and the Ancient Agora. The tours ends at the New Acropolis Museum, where you’ll have a chance to see some of the more than 4,000 magnificent objects that were unearthed during the excavation of the site.
Includes⦁ Local licensed guide ⦁ Skip-the-line service ⦁ Athens guide magazine ⦁ Athens map Entrance fees (approximately €36 per adult/€18 concessions/€5 per child) Hotel pickup and drop-off Food and drinks Gratuities (optional)
- The tour duration is 5 hours and 10 minutes, and the walk itself is around 55 minutes
- The distance covered is around 1.5 miles, with many stops in shady corners
- The walking pace is moderate and suitable for everyone
- Please wear comfortable shoes, and bring a hat and a bottle of water (also available for purchase on the way)
- Bring a sweater if you are visiting in the early spring or autumn
- There are restrooms along the way
- The tour is conducted in English, and operates daily
- Please note that the 1st part of the tour ends at the Acropolis at 1:00 PM. At this point, you will have 45 minutes of free time to get a snack or a drink before you start the guided tour to the Museum in the museum at 1:45. You can do this in the coffee shop of the museum or at the many spots along the pedestrian walkway next to the museum
- Please have in mind that baby strollers are not allowed on the Acropolis archaeological site and that there is no cloakroom at the side entrance used to enter.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Mythical Rivers & Hills of Athens 3-Hour Walking Tour
On this guided walk you’ll come across ancient sanctuaries dedicated to mysterious gods, and Christian churches that replaced old temples, caves, and Roman baths. You’ll hear urban myths, see the remains of ancient neighborhoods, and visit sacred hills.
Best of Athens Segway Tour
Athens is brimming with incredible sights to see – and when you don’t have much time, they can seem like too many! Now, with our Best of Athens Segway Tour, you don’t have to miss out with this combination of our two most popular tours.4 Reviews
Private 2-Day Tour to Delphi & Meteora from Athens
Enjoy a 2-day trip from Athens that takes you to the archeological site at Delphi and to Meteora, home to centuries-old monasteries perched atop monolithic pillars. You’ll also visit Thermopylae, where King Leonidas fought for the freedom of Greece.
Archeological Museum and Panoramic Private Tour in Athens
Visit one of the greatest museums in the world and enjoy a unique panoramic sightseing tour.From €400.00
Athens City, Acropolis and Museum Tour with Entry Tickets
Experience the contrasts of Athens on a tour of the city center and archaeological ruins of the Acropolis. See the state monuments of Syntagma Square and learn more about11 ReviewsFrom €83.00
Afternoon at Cape Sounion & Temple of Poseidon
Journey to the southernmost tip of the Attica peninsula to spend the afternoon at Cape Sounion and the Temple of Poseidon. Drive along the coastal road and get splendid v1 ReviewsFrom €49.00
Street Art Tour
Athens is a street art mecca and a veritable playground for street artists. In fact, the word graffiti derives from a Greek word! Join us on a journey through non-tourist2 ReviewsFrom €45.00
From Half-Day Ancient Corinth Tour
Depart from Athens for this half-day tour to Corinth to see its important ancient sites such as Corinth Canal, Temple of Apollo and the Port of Cehrees.9 ReviewsFrom €62.00
Flavors of Athens Private Food Tour For Families
Enjoy an exciting gastronomy tour specially designed for families. Discover the food culture of Athens in a fun way with several stops for tastings. Gain an entertainingFrom €200.00
National Garden 2-Hour Segway Tour
Segway through the green oasis of the National Gardens of Athens on an eco-friendly 2-hour private tour of the modern city center. The tour encompasses ancient ruins, the4 ReviewsFrom €59.00