Athens and Acropolis: Skip-the-Line 3-Hour Walking Tour
Are you a business owner in Athens?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Athens.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Skip the lines and avoid the crowds with your group tickets
- Explore the magic of Athens with a knowledgeable guide
- See Syntagma Square, with a history extending back to ancient times
- Marvel at the Acropolis, towering high above the city
DescriptionDiscover the extraordinary sites and ancient ruins of Athens on a comprehensive city tour that takes to you face-to-face with antiquity at some of the city’s most breathtaking World Heritage Sites. Your 3-hour walking tour begins at the Syntagma metro station. The guide will show you the archeological sites around this historic square before continuing on to Parliament House and the Monument to the Unknown Soldier. You’ll even get to see the pageantry of the changing of the guards! Visit the National Garden of Athens, and see the neo-classical Zappeion Hall. In front of the Hall are the towering columns that once belonged to the Temple of Zeus and Hadrian's Arch. This 6th-century B.C. temple was dedicated to the kings of the gods, but wasn't completed until nearly 600 years later. From here you’ll enter the hip and cool Plaka district. Walk past the the portrait of Melina Merkouri, one of Greece’s most famous film actresses and politicians. Continue walking along the winding pedestrianized streets, passing bustling cafés. You’ll soon begin the ascent to the Acropolis, taking in stunning views of the city below. Your knowledgeable guide will tell you about the monuments at the base of the Acropolis, including the famous Parthenon, Erechteion Propylaia, Nike Temple, the Dionysus Sanctuary, and Philopappos Hill.
Includes⦁ Local licensed guide ⦁ Skip-the-line service ⦁ Athens guide magazine ⦁ Athens map ● Entrance fees ● Hotel pick-up and drop off ● Food and beverages ● Gratuities
- Please wear comfortable shoes, and bring a hat and a bottle of water (also available for purchase on the way). Bring a sweater if you are visiting in the early spring or autumn.
- Entrance fees are not included. The Acropolis and Temple of Zeus Tickets cost €26 for adults and €13 for students. Children under 18 enter for free
- A minimum number of participants is required. There is a possibility of cancelation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, an alternative or full refund will be offered
- The tour duration is 3 hours and 10 minutes, which includes around 45 minutes of walking. The distance covered is around 1.5 miles, with many stops in shady corners
- The walking pace is moderate and suitable for everyone
- The tour is conducted in English
- There are restrooms along the route
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Archeological Museum and Panoramic Private Tour in Athens
Visit one of the greatest museums in the world and enjoy a unique panoramic sightseing tour.From €400.00
Best of Athens Segway Tour
Athens is brimming with incredible sights to see – and when you don’t have much time, they can seem like too many! Now, with our Best of Athens Segway Tour, you don’t have to miss out with this combination of our two most popular tours.4 Reviews
Private 2-Day Tour to Delphi & Meteora from Athens
Enjoy a 2-day trip from Athens that takes you to the archeological site at Delphi and to Meteora, home to centuries-old monasteries perched atop monolithic pillars. You’ll also visit Thermopylae, where King Leonidas fought for the freedom of Greece.
Mythical Rivers & Hills of Athens 3-Hour Walking Tour
On this guided walk you’ll come across ancient sanctuaries dedicated to mysterious gods, and Christian churches that replaced old temples, caves, and Roman baths. You’ll hear urban myths, see the remains of ancient neighborhoods, and visit sacred hills.
Minivan Transfer between Athens Airport & Piraeus Port
Enjoy a private transfer between Piraeus Port and Athens International Airport with your experienced driver.2 ReviewsFrom €107.00
From Mycenae & Nafplio Small Group Day Trip & Lunch
Visit ancient Mycenae and Nafplio, the castle-crowned harbor town that served as Greece’s first capital, in a small group with a luxury vehicle. Walk through history &From €130.00
Athens, Acropolis & Museum Tour without Tickets
Experience the most important attractions in Athens on a tour of the Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum. In addition, your guide will take you on a sightseeing tour of th220 ReviewsFrom €59.00
Diomidous Botanical GardenAttiki, Athens
A safe haven of lush greenery in the middle of the busy and bustling city of Athens................
Delphi Private Full-Day Tour from Athens
Enjoy a private 8-hour tour of Delphi from Athens and visit some of the city's most spectacular sights, including the Temple of Apollo, the ancient theatre of Delphi, the1 ReviewsFrom €500.00
Walking Athens with a Local
Explore the major sites of Athens by foot. Get your fill on the ancient history of the Greek capital, the best places to shop, and contemporary life. See the Acropolis, t1 ReviewsFrom €61.00