Athens Full-Day Private Sightseeing Tour
Are you a business owner in Athens?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Athens.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Take a scenic journey through the history of Athens with a private driver
- Explore the majestic ruins of the Acropolis
- Visit the New Acropolis Museum
- Stroll around the old city district of Plaka and discover your own little taverna for lunch
- Purchase duty free items during a shopping expedition
- Watch the historic Changing of the Evzone guards outside Parliament
- Get breathtaking views of Athens from Lycabetus Hill
DescriptionImmerse yourself in the sights and sounds of Athens on a private 8-hour sightseeing tour with private driver, giving you time to see more sites, enjoy some retail therapy and lunch in a local taverna. As you travel through history, your driver will take you to some of the most remarkable monuments of western civilization. First, visit the legendary Acropolis. Built in the 5th century BC, after the victorious war against the Persians, the site is crowned by the iconic Parthenon. Explore the new Acropolis Museum, which opened in 2009 to great acclaim. See the Temple of Zeus, Hadrian’s Arch and the Panathenaic Stadium, constructed for the first modern Olympic Games in 1896. Stroll through the old city district of Plaka, and pause for lunch in a traditional restaurant. Get breathtaking views of Athens from Lycabetus Hill, and discover beautiful neo-classical buildings in the Monastiraki district, home to a vibrant flea market. Watch the changing of the presidential Evzone guards outside the Parliament building. The program is flexible and can be tailored to your preferences, with stops to capture souvenir snapshots, or enjoy a cup of strong Greek coffee at leisure. Enjoy some retail therapy of big name brands at duty free prices, or visit one of the city’s many museums, all according to your wishes.
IncludesPort or hotel pick-up and drop-off English-speaking driver Transportation by luxury, air-conditioned taxi Map and guide book of Athens Cold water WiFi Mobile phone Entrance fees Licensed guide (driver cannot escort you inside the sites) Lunch and drinks
- Please note that the Acropolis Museum opens from 08:00-20:00. Tickets cost EUR 5
- The Acropolis opens from 08:00-19:00 in the summer, and from 08:30-15:00 during the winter season (November 1 to March 31)
- Acropolis multi-ticket costs EUR 12 and includes the Temple of Zeus, Ancient Agora, Roman Forum, Kerameikos and Theatre of Dionysos. All sites and museums are closed on January 1, March 25, May 1, October 28, Christmas and Boxing Day. Sites open from 12:00 to 15:00 on Good Friday; Holy Saturday from 08:30-15:00; Easter Sunday closed; Easter Monday open 08:30-15:00
- During the summer, please wear light clothes, athletic shoes and avoid dark colors. Please be aware that the Acropolis is very slippery
- You can purchase tax free items during your shopping trip
- The order of visits can change due to unforeseen circumstances
- Please be advised that the driver cannot escort you inside the sites
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Archeological Museum and Panoramic Private Tour in Athens
Visit one of the greatest museums in the world and enjoy a unique panoramic sightseing tour.From €400.00
Best of Athens Segway Tour
Athens is brimming with incredible sights to see – and when you don’t have much time, they can seem like too many! Now, with our Best of Athens Segway Tour, you don’t have to miss out with this combination of our two most popular tours.4 Reviews
Private 2-Day Tour to Delphi & Meteora from Athens
Enjoy a 2-day trip from Athens that takes you to the archeological site at Delphi and to Meteora, home to centuries-old monasteries perched atop monolithic pillars. You’ll also visit Thermopylae, where King Leonidas fought for the freedom of Greece.
Mythical Rivers & Hills of Athens 3-Hour Walking Tour
On this guided walk you’ll come across ancient sanctuaries dedicated to mysterious gods, and Christian churches that replaced old temples, caves, and Roman baths. You’ll hear urban myths, see the remains of ancient neighborhoods, and visit sacred hills.
Minivan Transfer between Athens Airport & Piraeus Port
Enjoy a private transfer between Piraeus Port and Athens International Airport with your experienced driver.2 ReviewsFrom €107.00
From Mycenae & Nafplio Small Group Day Trip & Lunch
Visit ancient Mycenae and Nafplio, the castle-crowned harbor town that served as Greece’s first capital, in a small group with a luxury vehicle. Walk through history &From €130.00
Athens, Acropolis & Museum Tour without Tickets
Experience the most important attractions in Athens on a tour of the Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum. In addition, your guide will take you on a sightseeing tour of th220 ReviewsFrom €59.00
Diomidous Botanical GardenAttiki, Athens
A safe haven of lush greenery in the middle of the busy and bustling city of Athens................
Delphi Private Full-Day Tour from Athens
Enjoy a private 8-hour tour of Delphi from Athens and visit some of the city's most spectacular sights, including the Temple of Apollo, the ancient theatre of Delphi, the1 ReviewsFrom €500.00
Walking Athens with a Local
Explore the major sites of Athens by foot. Get your fill on the ancient history of the Greek capital, the best places to shop, and contemporary life. See the Acropolis, t1 ReviewsFrom €61.00