From Trip to Meteora by Train with Overnight Stay
Are you a business owner in Athens?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Athens.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Take a train through the mainland of Greece and reach Meteora
- Admire a unique in the world geological formation, which also belongs to UNESCO's world heritage sites
- Discover the beauty and the biodiversity of Greek countryside
- Enjoy two guided tours on the Meteora rocks and see all six unique monasteries
- Explore the town of Kalambaka and pay a visit to area's museums
DescriptionThis is a 2-day tour from Athens to Meteora and includes an overnight stay at a hotel, train tickets, and tours on the Meteora Rocks and monasteries in a small group. Receive your tickets and go to the Central Railway Station of Athens (Stathmos Larissis) at 8:20 AM. Board the train to Kalampaka and arrive in Meteora at 1:30 PM. Pickup from the train station and drive to the hotel where you will be picked up at 3.45 PM and have the sunset tour. See all the six monasteries, a hermitage, and a Byzantine church so you will be immersed in the history of the area. Afterward, at around 5:00 PM you will be transferred to your hotel. Now you have free time to spend exploring Kalambaka. Find excellent museums including the National History Museum and Digital Projection Centre of Meteora. Wander every corner of the city and discover restaurants to taste the excellent local cuisine. The next day, choose to take either the 4-hour Monastery tour or the hiking in Meteora tour. After your activity, you will be driven back to the railway station in Kalampaka so you can catch the train back to Athens. The train journey is 5 hours long so please bring a book or be prepared to talk to other passengers.
IncludesRound trip economy train ticket between Athens and Kalampaka, which can be upgraded on request Accommodation in a 3-star hotel with breakfast, which can be upgraded to 4-star on request Engish-speaking tour leader A light meal on the Meteora tour Bottle of water and coffee Wi-Fi on board All taxes and services Pick up or drop-off in Athens Entrance fees to the monasteries, which are €3 per person Entrance fee to the Byzantine Church, which is €2 per person Lunch or dinner Gratuities (optional) Hotel tax (between 1,5 and 4 €, to be paid on site)
- You will receive the train tickets by email. Please be at the train station in Athens 30 minutes before the train departure time.
- You will travel by train on your own and will meet the group at the Kalabaka train station; the guide will help you check in at the hotel.
- There is a maximum of 13 people for the tour on Meteora. Children under 3 years old go free if they share a seat with their parent on the minibus
- The tour leader will give you information about the monasteries but will not escort you into them
- Due to local regulations, you must pay a hotel tax (between 1,5 and 4 €) at the hotel.
- At the monasteries men must wear trousers and a t-shirt or a shirt with sleeves and women must wear a long skirt (trousers and skirts are usually provided)
- Please be ready and wait at the reception area at least 10 minutes before the appointment time
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Archeological Museum and Panoramic Private Tour in Athens
Visit one of the greatest museums in the world and enjoy a unique panoramic sightseing tour.From €400.00
Private 2-Day Tour to Delphi & Meteora from Athens
Enjoy a 2-day trip from Athens that takes you to the archeological site at Delphi and to Meteora, home to centuries-old monasteries perched atop monolithic pillars. You’ll also visit Thermopylae, where King Leonidas fought for the freedom of Greece.
Mythical Rivers & Hills of Athens 3-Hour Walking Tour
On this guided walk you’ll come across ancient sanctuaries dedicated to mysterious gods, and Christian churches that replaced old temples, caves, and Roman baths. You’ll hear urban myths, see the remains of ancient neighborhoods, and visit sacred hills.
Best of Athens Segway Tour
Athens is brimming with incredible sights to see – and when you don’t have much time, they can seem like too many! Now, with our Best of Athens Segway Tour, you don’t have to miss out with this combination of our two most popular tours.4 Reviews
- Best Seller
From 4-Days Classical Tour with Meteora
Prehistory, the classical period, the Roman domination, the Byzantine Empire, the Crusades and modern times - Greece through the centuries will unfold before you on this4 ReviewsFrom €530.00
Taste of Half-Day Small Group Food Tour
Indulge in a stroll around the heart of the historic old city of Athens. Make more than 8 different stops during your walk and taste a variety of samples. Eat enough to fFrom €68.00
Wine Tasting and Athens Trikke Combo Tour
Discover the wonders of Athens on an electric Trikke, and complete your tour with a premium wine tasting experience.From €105.00
Temple of Poseidon and Cape Sounion Tour: From Athens
Take a half-day tour of Cape Sounion and the Temple of Poseidon. Pass idyllic beaches as you leave Athens for some of the most gorgeous ruins of Ancient Greece. Your fun167 ReviewsFrom €49.00
Athens Combo: Greek Islands Cruise and the Acropolis Ticket
Enjoy a cruise to the fabulous islands of Poros, Hydra, and Aegina as well as skip-the-line entry to the Acropolis. Cruise around Saronic Golf with its crystal blue waterFrom €125.00
Athens Riviera Activities & Cape Sounion Private Tour
Savor sensational views of Cape Sounion and explore the sacred Temple of Poseidon on this private half-day tour from Athens. Set out on a thrilling coastal drive along thFrom €129.00