My Guide Website?
Athens: City Highlights Private Tour with Temple of Poseidon4 Reviews
Combine the top sights in Athens with the beauty of the Greek Riviera on this private tour. See sights like the Acropolis, the House of Parliament, the Theatre of Dionysus, and the Temple of Poseidon.
- Step back in time at the Acropolis as you admire the Parthenon and Parthenos
- Stand in the Panathenaic Stadium where the first modern Olympic games happened
- Watch the changing of the presidential guards at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
- Relax on a scenic drive through the winding roads of the Greek Riviera
- Visit the Temple of Poseidon which is perched on a cliff overlooking the sea
DescriptionDiscover the highlights of Athens on this family-friendly tour as you see sights like the acropolis, the Panathenaic Stadium, Prime Minister’s residence, and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Journey through the Greek Riviera on the way to the Temple of Poseidon at Cape Sounion. Be picked up from you accommodation in Athens or Pireas in an air-conditioned Mercedes and head to the Acropolis. See the Parthenon that was dedicated to the goddess Athena at Parthenos and the entrance to the sacred area at Propylea. View the columns of the 420 BC temple of Athena and Nike. Stroll pass the Erechtheion with its maidens statues, the Roman theater of Odeon of Herodus Atticus, and an ancient Greek Theatre of Dionysus. Step into Greek mythology as you see the Hill of Ares where the god Ares is said to have had a trial. Visit the Temple of Zeus and the Panathenaic Stadium which hosted the first modern Olympic Games in 1896. Drive by the Prime Minister’s residence at Maximou Mansion which was the former royal palace. Continue past the House of Parliament and stop at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier to watch the changing of the guard. Head up to the highest point of in Athens at Lycabettus Hill to capture pictures of panoramic city views. Get out of the city on a scenic coastal road through the Greek Riviera. Travel through some of Athens’ suburbs and resort areas like Glyfada, Vouliagmeni, and Lagonisi on your way to the stunning coastal temple of Poseidon at Sounion. Have the option to stop to purchase lunch or have a coffee break on the waterfront. Return to your accommodation in Athens.
IncludesEnglish-speaking driver Hotel pickup and drop-off Bottled mineral water
- The order of the suggested itinerary may change due to circumstances beyond the supplier's control Reduced admission is available to the archaeological sites (50%) for visitors, and those aged 6-25 from countries outside the EU, and EU citizens aged over 65 The reduced admission is available for everybody from Nov. 1st to March 31st There is free is admission for visitors aged 25 and under from the EU, children under age 5 from outside the EU, and university students aged over 25 from countries of the EU (a certificate certifying tuition and duration of study is necessary) Admission is free on, March 6th, April 18th, May 18th, the last weekend of September, October 28th, and the first Sunday of every month, from Nov. 1st to March 31st Entrance fees to the sites: Acropolis: 20 Euros Temple of Zeus: 8 Euros Temple of Poseidon: 8 Euros