From Athens: Ancient Olympia Small Group Day Trip
Visit the beautiful green archeological site of Ancient Olympia.
- Visit Olympia, located in the wide valley of the Alfeiós River
- Learn about the archeological site of Olympia
- See the Temple of Zeus, the Gymnasium, the Altar of Goddess Hera, and more
- Discover the Corinth canal, which connects the Gulf of Corinth with the Saronic Gulf
DescriptionStep into ancient history with a visit to Olympia. On the way to Olympia, stop at the Corinth Canal, a masterpiece of modern engineering. Upon arrival, embark on a guided tour of the site. During the tour, see the Temple of Zeus, the Gymnasium, the Altar of Goddess Hera, and the site where the Olympic flame is lit every four years. During the tour around this UNESCO World Heritage Site, see the Leonidaion, where all the important visitors to the Olympic games were hosted, and the Stadium which was designed to hold up to 40,000 spectators. Not far from the archeological site and through a park full of trees, there stands the Archeological Museum of Olympia, which opened in 1982 and is the home to an outstanding collection of statues and artifacts found during the excavations.
IncludesPhoto stop at the Corinth Canal Visit to the city of Olympia Pickup and drop-off from hotels in Athens English-speaking driver Transportation by luxury air-conditioned Mercedes minivan Wi-Fi in the vehicle Car seats for children (1-4 years old) Bottled water Tolls, fees, and taxes Lunch (if option selected) Entrance tickets to the archeological site (€12 per person) and museum (€12 per person) Personal expenses Tips
- • The drive is about 4 hours each way • This activity is suitable for infants, baby seats can be provided • The driver is a local host and will give you information but is not allowed to escort you inside the museum and the archaeological sites: if you would like a licensed guide at Olympia, you can choose this when booking
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve your transport nowCheck Availability