Acropolis, Panathenaic Stadium and Plaka Private Group Tour1 Reviews
Visit the site of the first modern Olympic Games at the Panathenaic Stadium, explore the historic Plaka area and marvel at the classical monuments of the Acropolis of Athens on a private group walking tour.
- Watch the Changing of the Guard ceremony outside the Greek Parliament
- Marvel at the ruins of temples on the Acropolis
- Visit the site of the first modern Olympic Games at the Panathenaic Stadium
- Explore the historic Plaka district
DescriptionJourney back in time and see the ancient monuments of Athens on a private group tour with an English-speaking guide. Marvel at the landmarks of Syntagma Square, home to the Greek Parliament, and watch the Changing of the Guards ceremony. See the traditional uniform of the elite Evzone guards in front of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Next, get some shade as you walk through the National Garden and see the neoclassical facade of Zappeion Hall. Learn about the home of the first modern Olympic Games at the Panathenaic Stadium, and then continue along Dionysiou Areopagitou Street to enter the historic Plaka district. Make your way to the south slope of the Acropolis and get a perfect view of the remains of the Theatre of Dionysus. Discover the ancient mausoleum on Philopappos Hill as you continue towards the Temple of Athena Nike, Propylaea and Erechtheion. Be amazed by the ruins of the Parthenon and enjoy stunning views over the rooftops of Athens.
IncludesLicensed guide Private tour Athens guide magazine Athens map Entrance tickets (€28 approximately) Hotel pickup and drop-off (unless agreed) Optional gratuities Food and drinks
- Wear comfortable shoes and bring a hat and a bottle of water
- A sweater is recommended in the early spring or fall • Entrance tickets to the Acropolis and Temple of Zeus cost €28 per adult. Youths aged 6-24 are entitled to reduced or free entrance (providing they have a valid ID or passport) depending on nationality. Seniors aged 65+ (EU citizens only) are entitled to reduced entrance fees (providing they have a valid ID or passport)
- This tour is 4 hours long and includes around 1 hour of walking. There are many stops with shady corners. The walking pace is moderate and suitable for everyone • The tour is in English, unless another language is agreed • There are restrooms along the route
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now