My Guide Website?
Ancient Olympia full day private tour from Athens2 Reviews
Explore Ancient Olympia, the land that was host to the ancient Olympiads, the games that were held to honor the Olympian Gods, the chief festivities in ancient Greece.
- Uncover the true essence of the Olympic Games
- Explore the magnificent temple dedicated to Zeus
- Visit Olympia, a place that originated great ideas
DescriptionStart your tour with a visit to the Corinth Canal, a site of utmost historical significance. Enjoy a brief 15 minute stop here and take plenty of pictures whilst you have a refreshing beverage. Next, continue your travels to Ancient Olympia, where you will get to stop and discover with your driver for around 5 hours. During your time here, you will get to visit some of ancient Greece's most iconic landmarks, such as the Archaeological Site of Olympia, the Philippeion, the Archaeological Museum of Olympia, the Museum of the Olympic Games and the Archimedes Museum. Whilst in the city of Olympia, your driver will be able to suggest a delicious, traditional Greek tavern for you to stop and have lunch.
IncludesProfessional drivers with deep knowledge of history (not licensed to accompany you in any site) Hotel/ airport/ port pickup and drop-off Private transportation Air-conditioned vehicle WiFi on board Bottled water
- Drivers are not licensed tour guides, but they are knowledgeable and can provide commentary in fluent English
- Although your driver will not enter the archaeological sites with you, they can answer most of your questions about the places you visit on this tour
- Licensed tour guide is available at an additional cost