My Guide Website?
Athens: Acropolis and Mythology Highlights Small Group Tour561 Reviews
Explore the most important landmarks in Athens on a comprehensive guided tour. Hear the history and discover the myths behind the Acropolis, the Temple of Zeus, the Ancient Agora, and more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Athens:If youʻre booking your trip to Athens last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Delve into the myths and legends behind the ancient sites of Athens
- Explore the world-famous Acropolis on a walking tour with a licensed guide
- Learn about society in Ancient Greece and why Athens became the center
- Discover how Greek mythology is tied to historic facts as you explore
- Visit the Parthenon, see the ruins of the Temple of Athena Polias, and more
DescriptionTravel back in time to Ancient Greece, and discover the greatest landmarks of Athens. Hear the myths behind some of the city’s most significant landmarks. Meet your guide at the main entrance to the Temple of Olympian Zeus next to the Acropolis. Hear about the birth of the glorious city, through to its Golden Age and its downfall to the Spartan armies. Listen to stories from Greek mythology, and uncover their true meaning and historic facts. Visit all the most emblematic sites of the ancient city, as well as less well-known attractions. This tour helps you understand how Athens became the mythical city known today. Visit landmarks, such as the Parthenon, Theater of Dionysus, and Temple of Athena Nike. See the ruins of the Temple of Erechtheion and Sanctuary of Asclepius. Go to the Temple of Olympian Zeus, learn the functions of the Agora, and visit the Temple of Hephaestus.
IncludesWalking tour Visit at the Acropolis, Ancient Agora and Zeus Temple Guided tour with a certified guide Ancient Athens city map Options for prebooked tickets
- Please wear comfortable shoes as the route covered involves uneven terrain
- Strollers are not allowed at the Acropolis and must be left at another entrance, which may result in missing part of the tour
- People under 18 should have an ID card or passport for age confirmation