My Guide Website?
Athens: Acropolis and Parthenon Guided Walking Tour3078 Reviews
Take a tour that's been running for 20 years with this Athens walking tour. Immerse yourself in Ancient Greece with a local licensed guide, while discovering in the Acropolis and the Parthenon.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Athens:If youʻre booking your trip to Athens last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Experience the wonder of the Athens Acropolis
- Visit famous monuments, such as the Parthenon and the Temple of Athena Nike
- Enjoy insights on Ancient Greece from a fully-licensed local guide
- Take in the breathtaking views of Athens from the summit of the Acropolis
- Learn new facts about sites such as Mars Hill and the Odeon of Herodes Atticus
DescriptionTake in the ancient wonders of Athens. Walk through tree-lined streets to the foothills of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Acropolis, one of the world’s most revealing archaeological sites. Beat the crowds and head for the south slope of the Acropolis to pick up your skip-the-line tickets and make your way inside to see the ancient treasures that await. Stop at the Dionysus Sanctuary, dedicated to the Greek god of wine and fertility. Once inside the Acropolis, get up close to important sights like the Propylaea gateway, Erechtheion, Temple of Athena Nike, and Parthenon. Learn the history of these fascinating ruins from your guide. Once at the summit of the sacred hill, take in the sweeping panoramas of Athens. Learn about the excavations, and get an insight into the citadel’s ruins. Hear about surrounding monuments, including Mars Hill and the Odeon of Herodes Atticus. Conclude your tour at the summit of the Acropolis, leaving you free to continue exploring the site at your own pace. Choose between an early morning, morning, or afternoon guided tour. Skip-the-Ticket Line Access We are pleased to offer all our guests a convenient skip-the-ticket-line service. We take care and pre-purchasing the entrance tickets for each archaeological site and Museum visited during the tour, saving you the hassle of buying them online or queuing up at the ticket counters. However, please be aware that even with our skip-the-ticket-line service, there might be some waiting time required for security checks. This is because visitor numbers can fluctuate unpredictably at the sites throughout the day. The typical waiting time falls within 0 to 10 or 30 minutes, though on rare occasions, it might be longer.
IncludesSkip-the-ticket line entry to the Acropolis (if option booked) Live guide Guided walking tour Headphones to enjoy clear audio during the tour
- If you've chosen the option without tickets, you need to pay cash for your entry ticket at our check-in location just before the tour (approx. €20 per person). The activity provider will secure your tickets for your specified time Opting for an independent ticket purchase (discouraged) requires 24-hour advance notice to the activity provider. Failing that, you will also have to pay for the tickets they buy for you. Please be cautious when acquiring your ticket yourself, as selecting an incorrect date, time, or guest type may result in a non-refundable tour fee. Strict Acropolis entry times mean the tour can't wait for latecomers. No refunds will be given All visitors undergo airport-style security; expect peak season waits of up to 30 minutes Cutoff times sync with Athens local time Tours run rain or shine Accurately select EU or NON-EU citizenship during booking. Incorrect choice may mean paying the price difference or tour forfeiture. A valid passport is required for verification