My Guide Website?
Athens, Acropolis & Museum Tour without Tickets292 Reviews
Experience the most important attractions in Athens on a tour of the Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum. In addition, your guide will take you on a sightseeing tour of the city, including visits to Parliament House and the National Garden of Athens.
- Visit the Acropolis with a professional licensed guide
- See other highlights of the city including the National Garden of Athens
- Tour the Acropolis Museum, and learn more about this important archeological site
DescriptionOn this comprehensive city tour you’ll see some of the most important landmarks and sights in the historical center of Athens. You’ll also tour the Acropolis, enjoying an in-depth guided tour of this World Heritage Site. The 5-hour tour begins inside the Syntagma metro station where your guide will show you the archaeological finds that came to light during the construction of the metro. Head on to Parliament House and the Monument to the Unknown Soldier. See the changing of the guard before continuing on to the National Garden of Athens and the beautiful neo-classical Zappeion Hall. In front of the hall, note the surviving columns of the Temple of Zeus and Hadrian’s Arch Tower. Enter the famous Plaka district, and continue on the beautiful pedestrian walkway of Dionyssiou Areopagitou to the Acropolis. Begin your ascent while taking in spectacular views of the city below. Your guide will provide a detailed account of the monuments of the Acropolis, including the Parthenon, Erechteion, Propylaia, and the Nike Temple. Learn about surrounding landmarks, such as the Dionysus Sanctuary, Philopappos Hill, Mars Hill, and the Ancient Agora. The tours ends at the New Acropolis Museum, where you’ll have a chance to see some of the more than 4,000 magnificent objects that were unearthed during the excavation of the site.
IncludesLocal licensed guide Skip-the-line service Athens guide magazine Athens map Entrance fees (approximately €38 per adult/€19 concessions/€5 per child) Hotel pickup and drop-off Food and drinks Gratuities (optional)
- The tour duration is 5 hours and 10 minutes, and the walk itself is around 55 minutes
- The distance covered is around 1.5 miles, with many stops in shady corners
- The walking pace is moderate and suitable for all
- Please wear comfortable shoes, and bring a hat and a bottle of water (also available for purchase on the way)
- Bring a sweater if you are visiting in the early spring or autumn
- There are restrooms along the way
- The tour is conducted in English, and operates daily
- Please note that the 1st part of the tour ends at the Acropolis at 1:00 PM. At this point, you will have 45 minutes of free time to get a snack or a drink before you start the guided tour to the Museum in the museum at 1:45 PM. You can do this in the coffee shop of the museum or at the many spots along the pedestrian walkway next to the museum
- Please have in mind that baby strollers are not allowed on the Acropolis archaeological site and that there is no cloakroom at the side entrance used to enter
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now