My Guide Website?
Athens: Acropolis, Parthenon, & Acropolis Museum Guided Tour684 Reviews
Follow an archaeologist, hearing tales that bring the Greece of antiquity to life as you visit the monuments of the Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum.
- Explore Greece's ancient sites with an archaeologist
- Visit the hilltop monuments of the Acropolis, including the Parthenon
- Admire Athens' breathtaking skyline from the top of the Acropolis
- Get insight into the daily life of Greek civilians at the Acropolis Museum
- Walk over the glass floor and head to the top of the Acropolis museum and admire the Parthenon temple glass gallery
DescriptionMeet your licensed tour guide, an experienced archaeologist, and then start your unique combination of a tour. Enter from the south slope of the acropolis and set off on your leisurely walking tour of some of the world’s finest monuments. Along the way, listen as your guide shares knowledgeable insight into the citadel’s ruins including excavation details. Visit the Theater of Dionysus, an amphitheater that is arguably the birthplace of performing arts. Perch yourself on a stone seat to imagine the sights and sounds experienced by ancient theatergoers who came to watch plays by Greek writers Aeschylus, Sophocles, and Euripides. Also, pass the Odeon of Herodes Atticus; the theater is still used today during the Athens Festival from May to October. Find peace and quiet at an Asclepius, a healing temple that honored the god of medicine Asclepius, before the Parthenon. Wander around the temple to learn about how it was constructed for the goddess Athena. Once you familiarize yourself with the site's classical architecture, head indoors to the New Acropolis Museum for a brief break and refreshments (at own expense) in the cafe. Ranked one of the top 5 museums in the world, the New Acropolis Museum boasts collections of statues and other relics of everyday life in several galleries. In the Gallery of the Slopes of the Acropolis, the glass floor occasionally reveals an archaeological excavation site.
IncludesWalking tour of the Acropolis Walking tour of the Acropolis Museum Entrance fees (depending on option selected) Guide Microphones (for groups larger than 5)
- Please preorder your tickets. In case you do not have your entrance tickets, they will be purchased from your guide
- Please note, the Acropolis tour lasts 2 hours. If you select to extend this tour to include the Acropolis museum it will last 4 hours