My Guide Website?
Athens: Cape Sounio & Poseidon Temple Trip with Audio Guide973 Reviews
Drive through the sandy beaches and seaside villages of the idyllic Athenian Riviera on a day trip from Athens to Cape Sounion with an audio guide. Watch the sunset next to the Temple of Poseidon.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Athens:If youʻre booking your trip to Athens last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Athens Instagram Tour: The Most Scenic Spots
- Athens: Dinner in the Sky Experience
- Athens: Blue Hop-on-Hop-off Bus and Cape Sounion Sunset Tour
- 3-Day Ancient Greek Archaeological Sites Tour from Athens
- From Athens: Cape Sounion Private Day Trip at Sunset
- See the colors of the sunset from the perspective of Cape Sounion
- Explore the ruins of the ancient temple of the god of the sea
- Admire the scenery while driving through the Athenian Riviera
- Enrich your experience with audio guide available in 6 languages
- Snap unbeatable photos as you travel along the scenic coast
DescriptionDrive along the south coast to the Athenian Riviera on a trip from Athens to Cape Sounio and the Temple of Poseidon. Admire views of the temple and watch the sunset from Cape Sounion. Learn about the sights you see with an audio guide available in six languages. Hop on board an air-conditioned bus and head to the Sounion. You’ll be dazzled by the famous landscape that surrounds the promontory of the Sounion. In the times of the ancient Greeks, this site was revered as sacred ground dedicated to the gods Poseidon and Athena. Next, marvel at the Temple of Poseidon perched upon the cliff’s edge 70 meters above the sea (entry tickets not included). Walk the blessed earth of the Sounion, one of the places sung about it in Homer’s Odyssey, and stand on the same cliff where it is said King Aegeus threw himself off. Finish your day by watching the sunset over this legendary horizon.
IncludesRoundtrip transportation by air-conditioned bus Audio guide
- This tour will take place rain or shine