My Guide Website?
Athens: Food Market Visit and Cooking Class with Wine423 Reviews
Discover the flavors of Greece through this cooking class with a market visit. Start the day with a trip to the market and, at the end of the lesson, enjoy the food you have prepared along with wine.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Athens:If youʻre booking your trip to Athens last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Athens Riviera Trikke Bike Tour & Vouliagmeni Lake
- Athens: The Original Greek Food Tour
- Athens: Museum of Illusions Admission Ticket
- Nea Makri: Marathon Cape & Bay of Schinias Snorkeling Trip
- Athens: Acropolis, Parthenon, & Acropolis Museum Guided Tour
- Explore Athens Central Market with your cook for a shopping trip to buy fresh ingredients
- Create a delicious range of Greek dishes using fresh, local ingredients
- Learn from a Greek cooking expert about the secrets of traditional cooking
- Enjoy a delicious meal at the end of the class, including soft drinks and wine
DescriptionThe Greek Kitchen is the little foodie space in Athens. Our team of local, home cooks are here to take care of you and make sure you have fun from the moment you arrive! Start the experience at The Greek Kitchen; it's a handy place to leave anything you don't want to carry to the market. Head to Varvakios Agora, the central produce market in Athens, here you cook will take you on a shopping walk to pick up ingredients, meet some of the local traders and discover a few places you might not have already seen! It's not a tour of the market, but it's still an experience! Back at The Greek Kitchen the hands-on experience will begin and you will be involved in the preparation of your dishes. Your meal will be served with a serving of local organic wine and a shot of Greek digestive liquor. End your time with us with a chance to relax, enjoy a drink with your food and let us take care of the dishes. We are happy to cater to your dietary needs, please contact us using the messaging feature as soon as possible to let us know in advance as we can't do anything at the last minute. Menu: Dolmades: Delicious vine leaves wrapped around herb-infused rice, add some beef if you want to. Spanakopita: Spinach pies with a touch of creamy, salty feta all wrapped up in pastry. Imam Baildi: Travelling back from Asia Minor with Greek refugees, this dish of roasted eggplants topped with a rich sauce and feta cheese. Portokalopita: An all time favourite for many Greeks, this sticky, soft orange 'pie' is made from phyllo pastry, oranges and cinnamon. If you can make this you'll never be without friends. Tzatziki: The most popular greek sauce. Greek yoghurt combined with cucumber and garlic.
IncludesCooking class experience Food market visit with the cook All ingredients for the class Full-course meal Water, wine, soft drinks Complimentary shot of Greek liquor All recipes
- There is 30 minutes of walking during the tour so please wear comfortable footwear and clothing that is weather appropriate
- Please bring a refillable bottle of water, you can fill this up at the cooking studio
- There is a choice between either a morning class starting at 9:30 AM or an afternoon class at 3:00 PM