My Guide Website?
Athens: Greek Cooking Class, Market Visit and Lunch6 Reviews
Explore the traditional way of shopping and cooking in the heart of Athens. After a visit in the Central Market Place, meet the chef and create some delicious Greek dishes which you can later enjoy.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Athens:If youʻre booking your trip to Athens last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Athens Riviera Trikke Bike Tour & Vouliagmeni Lake
- Athens: The Original Greek Food Tour
- Athens: Museum of Illusions Admission Ticket
- Nea Makri: Marathon Cape & Bay of Schinias Snorkeling Trip
- Athens: Acropolis, Parthenon, & Acropolis Museum Guided Tour
- Get a local’s perspective on Athens as you browse the market with a host
- Receive a souvenir copy of all the recipes after the cooking class ends
- Explore the traditional way of shopping
- Savor some of the most delicious greek recipies
DescriptionJoin our Greek Cooking Experience and shop, cook & enjoy local recipes & delicious dishes with the guidance of our professional cook & facilitator! With the pocket money we provide you, you buy all the ingredients at the Central Market of Athens(Closed on Sundays, we do our shopping in other traditional shops) like locals. With the help of our professional and experienced cook, you learn how to prepare famous traditional Greek dishes. You savor traditional appetizers, salads & main courses, such as Tzatziki sauce (yogurt, cucumber & garlic dip), Stuffed vine leaves 'dolmadakia' , Greek salad, Stuffed vegetables (peppers & tomatoes) & your dessert: Chocolate salami! All prepared by you & served in a cozy restaurant located in the heart of Athens’ Historical Center! Provided: Aprons, gloves & all supplies for the workshop A recipes book Visit to the Athens Central Market & shopping of the ingredients Reserved space for the workshop in a traditional restaurant in the center of Athens Lunch (Main Dish, 2 Appetizers, Salad, Dessert, A Glass of Wine p.p. & Mineral Water) An experienced, educated, certified (efr) & friendly facilitator will be accompanying you to assist you with anything you might need! Our activity takes place, following all the Covid-19 guidelines.
IncludesGet an in-depth and authentic Athens food experience, and pair a cooking class with a market visit. Alongside a local host, you’ll shop for ingredients at the Athens Central Market, meeting local traders and discussing the produce. Then, you’ll cook a lunch of traditional Greek dishes, using recipes that you can recreate or adapt back at home. The finished creations are yours for lunch.
- Please inform us in case of any dietary restrictions!