My Guide Website?
Athens: Greek Food Discovery Small Group Walking Tour71 Reviews
Discover Athens's food scene with a delicious tour that takes you where the Athenians eat, and where food is king. Taste 8-10 delicacies, from the best souvlaki in town to a mouthwatering baklava dessert. Visit bustling food markets and unique shops.
- Discover the world of Greek food with 8-10 delicious food tastings
- Enjoy the atmosphere of specialty food shops and the bustle of open-air markets
- Eat breakfast like a local Athenian
- Enjoy a Greek coffee in a hidden cafe
- Visit one of the oldest bakeries of Athens to sample its award-winning bread
DescriptionYour culinary journey of Athens will take you to carefully selected specialty food shops, where you’ll taste some of the finest olive oil, cheese, and honey available in the city, as well as local delicacies such as pastourma cured meat. On this 3.5-hour guided food tour you’ll stroll through traditional Athens neighborhoods and visit some wonderful pastry shops that serve tempting Greek sweets. You’ll be immersed in the fragrances and colors of local spices, the secret behind renowned Greek dishes, and aromas of Greek coffee as well. The irresistible smell of freshly baked delicacies will lead you into one of the oldest traditional bakeries in Athens. Continue through the bustling alleys of Varvakios, the picturesque fish, meat, and vegetable market. Last but not least, you’ll stop for a taste of the celebrated Greek souvlaki!
Includes8-10 premium food tastings Expert food guide Visit to local markets
- Easy walking pace
- Small groups, with a maximum of 12 participants