My Guide Website?
Athens: Guided Day Trip to Aegina Island with Swimming139 Reviews
Discover the wonderful Greek island of Aegina on a full day-trip accompanied by a local guide. Admire the deep blue of the Aegean and delve into the island lifestyle.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Athens:If youʻre booking your trip to Athens last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Athens: 4-Days Classical Tour with Meteora
- Athens Riviera Trikke Bike Tour & Vouliagmeni Lake
- From Athens: Hydra, Poros, and Aegina Day Cruise with Lunch
- Athens: Museum of Illusions Admission Ticket
- From Athens: Delphi Archaeological Site Full-Day Guided Trip
- Swim in crystal clear waters while admiring views of Aegina Island
- Sit back as you navigate away from Athens toward the bay of Kolona
- Go beyond Aegina's bustling port and into the town with a walking tour
- See imposing ruins and hike toward the Byzantine town of Paleochora
- Taste a local variety of pistachios which is a part of the island's identity
DescriptionExperience the magic of Aegina Island, located in the Argosaronic Gulf just a stone's throw from Athens. Our expert historian guide will accompany you on the ferry ride from Piraeus port to Aegina, where you'll be immersed in the Mediterranean lifestyle and learn all about the island's fascinating history. Next up is a trip to the medieval city of Paleochora and Saint Nektarios Monastery. Marvel at the exceptional wall paintings in the area's 28 surviving churches and snap breathtaking photos from the top of the mountain. The impressive Agios Nektarios Monastery, one of the largest in the Balkans, is a must-see. Take a break from sightseeing and soak up the sun on one of the island's stunning beaches. Spend two hours on the sandy shore, and indulge in fresh seafood from the Aegean Sea at one of the traditional taverns in the area. The tour ends with a one-hour walking tour of the cosmopolitan alleys of Aegina town. Explore the impressive neoclassical mansions built for the Governor and other public buildings from modern Greece. Before we leave, don't miss the chance to taste the famous Aegina pistachios, a local product used in various traditional sweets and other delicious treats. Aegina Island is the perfect destination for anyone seeking to experience the lifestyle and history of a Greek island, just a short trip from Athens.
IncludesFerry boat tickets Tour guide Pistachio tasting Basic travel insurance (during transport)
- Plan your tour with ease and confidence with the assistance of 24/7 customer service, providing you with instant access to all the information you need, any time of day