My Guide Website?
Athens Half-Day Private City Tour65 Reviews
Travel through ancient history and visit Athens on a half-day private tour. The home of democracy, you will see the Acropolis, Temple of Zeus, Hadrian's Gate, Panathenaic Stadium, and many more symbolic sites.
- Visit one of the great architectural wonders of the world at the Acropolis
- See the new Acropolis Museum, with skip-the-line access
- Go to the Temple of Zeus
- Discover the site of the first modern Olympic Games
- Explore the lively Plaka neighborhood
DescriptionDiscover the cradle of civilization, the birthplace of democracy, and the home of philosophy on a private half-day tour of Athens. You will experience some of the greatest monuments ever built, with visits to all the major attractions, from the site of the first modern Olympics to the former Royal Palace. The 5-hour tour takes in the Panathenaic Stadium, the only marble stadium in the world. Built over the ruins of the ancient Roman stadium of Athens, it was where the first modern Olympic Games took place in 1896. Continue to the famous Arch of Emperor Hadrian, and the Temple of Olympian Zeus, dedicated to the King of the Olympian gods, and the largest temple of the ancient world. Go to the Acropolis, considered a work of architectural perfection. Admire the Theater of Dionysus, the first theater ever built in the world. You will also see the Odeon of Herod the Atticus, go to the Hill of Pnyx, visit the Propylaea, the Temple of Apteros Nike, the Erechteion, and the New Acropolis Museum. Take in some wonderful panoramic city views from Lycabettus Hill, and visit the Parliament buildings to see the changing of the Royal Guards at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Continue to Omonia Square and the open-air flea market in the lively Plaka neighborhood. Finally, see the 19th-Century Anglican church of St. Paul, the former Royal Palace, the Numismatic Museum, Academy of Arts and Sciences, National Library, the Benaki Museum, Byzantine and Christian Museum, and Museum of Cycladic Art.
IncludesPick-up from Athens hotels, apartment, square, or port of Piraeus (Athens) Transfers in a deluxe, air-conditioned vehicle Mobile Phone Water Driver
- Some attractions may charge extra for the right to take photographs
- Pick-up and drop off at the airport is available for an extra fee
- Skip-the-line service must be pre-paid. The Acropolis is 20€, and the museum is 10€
- You must have your passport and vaccine certificate, or a passport and a negative PCR test from at least 72 hours before the tour starts
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€200.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today