My Guide Website?
Athens: Mythology Tour for Families54 Reviews
Enjoy family adventure that explores the roots of Greek mythology with this guided walking tour of the Acropolis. Admire sights like the Parthenon, the Theater of Dionysus, the Agora.
- Explore world-renowned Athenian sites in a tour designed for families
- See the Acropolis and the ancient Agora from a mythological perspective
- Learn about Greek gods and heroes and find out what inspires these stories
- Have fun inside the ancient Agora with an activity inspired by ancient legends
- Enjoy spectacular views of the city Athens from the rock of the Acropolis
DescriptionGet all your family involved in a tour exploring the magnificent sacred rock of the Acropolis and the ancient Agora with this guided walking tour in Athens. Hear about the history and the legends of about Greek gods and heroes like Zeus, Athena, and Poseidon. Meet your guide at the Acropolis metro station and purchase a ticket to the site. Listen to timeless myths as you explore the theater of Dionysus, the resplendent Propylaea, the sacred Erechtheion, the Temple of Athena Nike, and the famed Parthenon. Make the sights come alive for the while family. Continue to ancient marketplace of the Athens and the Ancient Agora. See the Temple of Hephaestus, decorated with depictions of the labors of Theseus and Hercules. Retrace the steps of great thinkers such as Socrates and Plato, who used this space as a venue for spreading ideas and taking part in debates. follow your guide on a group family activity that's based on the gods and heroes learned about on your tour.
IncludesLicensed guide Materials for the activity
- Children between 12-18 need to present a valid identity card or passport to be entitled to free entry
- Children under 5 are free of charge
- Strollers and wheelchairs cannot be used throughout the tour (especially on the rock of the Acropolis)
- Please bring extra money for the Acropolis entry tickets (€30/€15) (the local guide will pre-buy them for you so that you can skip the line)