My Guide Website?
Athens: Plaka to Acropolis Smartphone Audio Tour4 Reviews
Embark on a self-guided audio tour from the district of Plaka to the summit of the Acropolis. Discover an interesting route that will allow you to experience the real Athens, its history, its monuments, and its mythology at your own pace.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Athens:If youʻre booking your trip to Athens last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore some of the most beautiful neighborhoods in Athens
- Take in panoramic views of the city from the Areopagus Hill
- Learn more about the role of the Acropolis in Greek mythology and its archaeological significance
DescriptionBegin the audio tour in the picturesque district of Plaka known for its narrow streets, winding staircases, and neoclassical houses. Then, wander through the streets of Anafiotika, a small neighborhood hidden at the foot of the Acropolis with its white houses and cobbled paths. Learn more about the history of these areas as you explore their charming streets. Afterward, head towards Areopagus Hill, a mythical place with a fascinating history. From here, enjoy a superb view of both the Agora and the Acropolis. As you reach the Acropolis, learn more about the architecture and mythological legends of this ancient landmark. The tour ends at the Acropolis Museum, an impressive building that blends naturally into the surrounding landscape.
IncludesSelf-guided audio tour for your smartphone (Android & iOS) An activation link to access your audio tour Offline content with an offline interactive map to avoid roaming charges
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone. No live guide will accompany you
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access your audio tour
- An Android or iOS smartphone is required
- The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation
- Please ensure you have enough storage space (100-150 MB)
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- Non refundable once activated
- Note that tickets are not included for Acropolis Hill and Acropolis Museum, however, the audio tour contains lots of information for both sites. You can purchase admission tickets on the day and combine the audio-tour with your visit