My Guide Website?
Athens: Private Acropolis, Acropolis Museum, and City Tour1 Reviews
Visit Athens' highlights such as the Acropolis and the Parthenon, and admire the Erechtheion with its renowned Caryatids. Later, explore the awarded Acropolis Museum and enjoy a comfortable city driving tour, all conducted in a comfortable vehicle.
- Discover the astonishing construction of the Parthenon
- Admire the marble masterpieces of the Parthenon on the top floor of the Acropolis Museum
- Take a look into Panathenaic Stadium - the venue of the first modern Olympic Games
- Encounter the Roman Temple of Zeus and the National Gardens
DescriptionEnjoy a well-paced guided tour to admire the most significant classical masterpieces of Greece. Walk uphill through the Propylaea grand marble entrance, contemplating the hills of Philoppapus, Pnyx, and Mars. Discover the astonishing construction of the Parthenon, the most splendid temple ever built by the Greeks - dedicated to the goddess Athena. Admire the Erechtheion with its renowned Caryatids and the view of the temple of Athena Nike. Gaze at the infinite modern city from the hilltop, stretching between low mountains and the Aegean Sea. Explore the panoramic views of the old town and its picturesque neoclassical buildings, as well as the ancient theater of Dionysus, the Roman temple of Zeus, and the world-famous Herodeion Theater. Continue on to the spectacular Acropolis Museum, the most modern museum of Athens. Made of concrete, steel, and glass, it houses a wide collection of original sculptures from the Acropolis. Its glass floor reveals the ruins of ancient buildings underneath, and the building displays a pottery collection of high artistic value. Discover the marble masterpieces waiting to be discovered in the first floor, and the top Parthenon Gallery floor with its impressive view of the Acropolis hill, Lycabettus Hill, and the rest of the city. Complete your tour with a drive around the most popular parts of central Athens, and take a look at the Panathenaic Stadium (the venue of the first modern Olympic Games), the Roman temple of Zeus, and the National Gardens. See the Changing of the Guards at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, in front of the Parliament House and opposite Syntagma Square. Finally, complete your city tour driving by the outstanding trilogy of neoclassical buildings; the 19th-century University of Athens and the Academia and the National Library, at the heart of the city’s modern commercial center.
IncludesPickup and drop-off service Licensed English-speaking guide (if option selected) Private transportation in a luxury Mercedes-Benz vehicle English-speaking driver Mineral water Wet and dry tissues WiFi
- • The itinerary’s sequence is subject to change according to the opening-closing hours of the venues and depending on the tourist season • Please wait in the hotel lobby/outside your apartment 15 minutes before your scheduled pickup time • Comfortable shoes and clothes, sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses are recommended • Smoking is not permitted inside the vehicle. • This is a private tour • Meals are not included in the rate, but adequate time will be given for a lunch or coffee break • The tickets for the archaeological sites and museums are not included in the rate, but they can be provided upon request through e-mail correspondence after your booking confirmation