My Guide Website?
Athens: Private Discover Scuba Diving for Beginners4 Reviews
Have you always wondered what it’s like to breathe underwater? If you want to try scuba diving, but aren’t quite ready to take the plunge into a certification course, then Discover Scuba Diving for beginners if for you.
- Have the perfect introduction for first time visitors
- Enjoy a free hotel pick-up and drop-off with all necessary equipment included
- Admire the marine life of eels, octopuses, sea basses, breams and schools of a wide variety of Mediterranean fishes
DescriptionWhile not a scuba certification course, Discover Scuba Diving is a quick and easy introduction to what it takes to explore the underwater world. The Athens coastline is ideal for beginners to dive with its warm water, great visibility and a stone's throw from Athens center. Don't miss this opportunity. Enjoy your complimentary pick-up service from your Athens hotel with an air-conditioned minivan - a 30 minute drive to the dive sites. As soon as you reach the dive site, your experienced instructor will make a short briefing on what to expect and the few simple skills you'll need to know to dive safely, such as mask clearing, how to equalize your ears to the water pressure, regulator usage, proper fin kicking and basic hand signals. Your instructor will also provide all the basic scuba gear you’ll use, which is well maintained every year. This will include a mask, fins, regulator, buoyancy control device, wet suit, dive gauges and a tank. After the briefing, it will be time for the thrill. In no more than 30 feet (10 meters) deep in crystal clear warm waters, you will discover what it is like to breathe underwater for the first time. The marine life you will admire will consist of eels, octopuses, sea basses, breams and schools of a wide variety of Mediterranean fishes and lots of macro creatures. All beginners will scuba dive in small groups of no more than six divers at a time, per Instructor, so that personalized attention will be given to each one of you. Also, all divers will be DAN insured. Last but not least, your crew will also hold an underwater camera and, if you wish, will make sure that all your memories will be recorded and given to you at the end of the dive - free of charge.
IncludesGuided diving excursion by an experienced dive master DAN insurance for divers Use of all necessary diving equipment Round trip transportation from Athens hotel/ port to diving location Light refreshments Snacks Bottled water Small group tour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children (minimum 12-years-old) must be accompanied by an adult
- Diving within 24-hours of flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (e.g. asthma, heart conditions, etc.) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- A maximum of 6 persons per booking
- A minimum of 2 persons per booking will be required
- Ideal choice for families