My Guide Website?
Athens: Temple of Poseidon and Cape Sounion Sunset Tour38 Reviews
Drive through the idyllic Athenian Riviera with the sandy beaches and picturesque seaside villages. You can enjoy a unique slice of the Mediterranean coastline, and see a mind-blowing sunset with the Temple of Poseidon in the background.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Athens:If youʻre booking your trip to Athens last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Athens Instagram Tour: The Most Scenic Spots
- Athens: Dinner in the Sky Experience
- Athens: Blue Hop-on-Hop-off Bus and Cape Sounion Sunset Tour
- 3-Day Ancient Greek Archaeological Sites Tour from Athens
- From Athens: Cape Sounion Private Day Trip at Sunset
- Enjoy the amazing sunset ast Cape Sounio
- Explore the ancient temple of God Poseidon
- Pass through the magnificent Athenian Riviera
- Gaze the crystal clear waters of Atticas' South coast
- Have access to the hop-on, hop-off bus to be able to visit all of Athens
DescriptionAfter traveling for a few kilometers through the South Coast and the Athenian Riviera, you will be bedazzled by the famous landscapes which surround Sounion. Sounion (or Sunium) was an important ancient Greek religious sanctuary dedicated to the gods Poseidon and Athena. Spectacularly located on a promontory in southern Attica, the site is dominated by the temple of Poseidon perched 70 meters above the sea on the cliff edge. Sounion is the setting for several episodes in Greek mythology, and is specifically mentioned as a place of religious significance in Homer’s Odyssey. In some myths, this is also the spot where the Athenian king Aegeus threw himself into the sea in despair upon having sighted the black sail of his son Theseus’ ship returning from Crete after his battle with the Minotaur. If you are keen on visiting the outskirts of Athens, such as Sounion and the Temple of Poseidon, you will be able to do so with a private tour. In a luxury limousine van with a private driver, you will be driven along to the Athens Riviera down to the famous Cape Sounion and back to Athens or Piraeus.
IncludesPick-up and drop off from your hotel or any point in Athens or Piraeus Taxes, tolls and fuel Transportation by air-conditioned limousine van English-speaking driver
- Please wear comfortable shoes for the temple visit