My Guide Website?
Athens: The Ultimate Food Tasting Tour4 Reviews
Experience the wealth and importance of Greek culinary tradition and witness many majestic monuments in the ultimate food-tasting tour in downtown Athens, with more than 10 stops of Greek delicacy tasting!
- Enjoy traditional greek coffee served by the view of Acropolis
- Visit one of the oldest bakeries, famous for offering the best greek tyropita
- Get to know the world famous and aromatic, greek mastiha
- Explore an authentic hidden cookery where you will try original greek culinary treasures
- Experience greek tsipouro with mezze a big part of greek social culture
DescriptionThis food tour will please food lovers and history dwellers alike, as you will stroll the historical city center with your experienced tour guide. As for the food tasting, start your day in one of the most quaint neighborhoods, Psyrri, where you'll have a fitting Greek breakfast of aromatic Greek coffee and the well-known “koulouri” sesame pastry. Also you will visit the Center of Greek Tradition. As part of the Greek tradition delving, visit an old sandal shop and choose a pair which fits you from thousands of options. From there, experience the depth of traditional Mediterranean cuisine by visiting original Greek delis, a couple of specialized Greek pie shops and the vivid Varvakios market, while tasting world-renowned Greek delicacies such as cheese, meat products, rusks, olives and olive oil, vegetables and everything else you could ask for in a Greek food tour. Finish the tour on an alternative note by visiting an obscure, yet so authentic Greek tapas shop and accompany your tapas with prestigious alcoholic beverages like Tsipouro in a true Greek food-tasting experience. For those of you who still don't have enough, there is an option of finishing your meal with original Greek sweets like “loukoumades” in picturesque nearby sweet shops. Overall, this food tour combines a unique, traditional food-tasting experience with a thorough acquaintance of Athens' city center history, and is a surefire option to satisfy the nerds of traditional food and history alike!
IncludesExpert licensed guide Bottle of water Everything you try during the tour
- Be on time
- Wear comfortable shoes (not slippery)
- Stay with the group
- Wear sunscreen and a hat
- Inform us of any allergies and digestive disorders
- Mind your personal belongings
- Freely ask questions