My Guide Website?
Best of Athens Small-Group Segway Tour55 Reviews
Athens is brimming with incredible sights to see – and when you don’t have much time, they can seem like too many! Now, with our Best of Athens Segway Tour, you don’t have to miss out with this combination of our two most popular tours.
- Visit the Keramikos, the ancient cemetery of Athens
- Follow the ancient path to the Agora on a Segway
- Drive over Mars hill and the entrance to the Acropolis, without breaking a sweat
- Travel through time to the Panathinaikon Stadium
- Witness the Changing of the Presidential Guard 'Tsolias'
DescriptionYour tour leader will start with a 30-minute training session to help you get comfortable on your Segway. Within minutes you’ll realize just how easy and intuitive it is! The tour will start by visiting the area where, in antiquity, everything ended! Keramikos area was the ancient cemetery but also one of the entrances to Athens. Then follow almost the same path as the ancient Greeks to visit the Ancient Agora, the heart of ancient Athens and the Roman agora. Without breaking a sweat, drive over to the next stop, the most important one, Mars hill and the entrance to the Acropolis. Take in the sight of this majestic world icon from your unique viewpoint on a Segway as you visit from the outside. This is a perfect photo opportunity! But wait… there is more! From here, easily ride up the Pnyka Hill — no tired feet! — and discover its off-the-beaten track terraced area where democracy was born and follow the path that leads on to Athens’(Acropolis) best panoramic view. Roll through the pedestrian street around the hill of Acropolis so as to meet the “Roman” part of the city, where the temple of Zeus and the gate of Andrian stands. Then visit the first modern Olympic “village”, the Zappion mansion and the Panathinaikon Stadium, to discover where the first modern Olympic Games took place andl glide on to the national gardens, to ease your mind like kings and queens used to do! A sure highlight of the day is the presidential guards, with their unique and meaningful uniform. Right before heading back, you will have the change to get a picture next to the guards, a must-do here in Athens! If you are looking for a fun, eco-friendly way to discover the best that Modern Athens has to offer in just a few hours – you’ll love this Modern Athens Segway Tour! You’ll cover more ground and see more without the effort it would take the cover the same route on foot.
IncludesSegway Training Helmet Guide
- This tour does not enter any archaeological sites. Minimum age to ride a Segway is 10 years and those under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance. Segways are not suitable for guests who weigh under 100 pounds (45 kilos) or over 250 pounds (113 kilos). It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes and not bring large bags whilst on the Segway. The tour is not recommended for pregnant women. Bring comfortable shoes.