My Guide Website?
From Athens: Day Trip to Andros Island
Take a trip to Andros Island from Athens by ferry. Visit the beautiful beaches, discover majestic waterfalls, and explore traditional villages with a local guide.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Athens:If youʻre booking your trip to Athens last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Athens Instagram Tour: The Most Scenic Spots
- Athens: Dinner in the Sky Experience
- Athens: Blue Hop-on-Hop-off Bus and Cape Sounion Sunset Tour
- 3-Day Ancient Greek Archaeological Sites Tour from Athens
- From Athens: Cape Sounion Private Day Trip at Sunset
- Discover the beauty and history of Andros Island
- Travel by ferry from Athens just as the locals do
- Visit the Pythara Waterfalls and a traditional Greek monastery
- Explore the capital of the island, Chora
DescriptionAfter arriving at the meeting point in Athens, travel to the port of Rafina to take the morning ferry to Andros. Enjoy a relaxing journey of about 2 hours before you arrive at the island. First drive to the old capital of the island, Paleopolis. See the remains of the old town and learn about its history from your expert guide. Next stop is at Menites village where you will see the 'lion springs', and the walnut forest. Visit the traditional villages of Strabouries and Apikia village, before taking a 15-minute hike to where you will see one of the greatest spectacles in a Cycladic island, the Pythara Waterfalls. After discovering the natural beauty of the waterfalls, make your way to the Aghia Irene Monastery where you will learn about the history, culture, and religion of Andros Island from a local theologist. The monastery features small museums including a writing museum and a floral museum. Your final stop will be at the present-day capital of Andros, Chora. Wander around the beautiful streets of Chora, visit the Venezian Castle. Learn about the history of the island from medieval times. After this, you can opt to have lunch in a local restaurant or return to the port to take the ferry back to Athens.
IncludesReturn transfer to Rafina port from the meeting point Ferry tickets Bottle of water Local tour guide on the island
- This tour will start from Athens with a transfer to the port of Rafina where you will board the ferry boat
- During the tour, you will need to hike for about 15 minutes