From Athens: Delphi and Meteora 2-Day Tour with Hotel91 Reviews
Learn about the legend of the Oracle of Delphi on a 2-day tour to the ancient sanctuary, departing from Athens. Continue to the stunning rock formations and historic monasteries of Meteora.
- Visit the archaeological site of Delphi and the Temple of Apollo
- Explore the Orthodox monasteries built amongst the rocks of Meteora
- Spend the night in the pretty village of Kalabaka
- See the monument to the warrior king Leonidas I
DescriptionTravel back in time on a 2-day tour to the archaeological site of Delphi and the historic Orthodox monasteries built on the rocks of Meteora. Day 1: Depart Athens for the ancient site of the Oracle of Delphi. Travel by air-conditioned coach through the pretty towns and villages of Thebes, Levadia and Arachova on the slopes of Mount Parnassus. Explore the ruins of the ancient sanctuary of Pythia on arrival. Then, continue to Kalabaka for your overnight stay. Day 2: Marvel at the stunning rock formations of Meteora, and visit the monasteries built to serve the monks and nuns following the teachings of the Eastern Orthodox Church. Return to Athens via Trikala and Lamia. Stop at Thermopylae to look at the monument to the Greek warrior king Leonidas I before your arrival in Athens in the early evening.
IncludesFree pick-up from hotels in Athens city center Transportation by luxury, air-conditioned coach with free Wi-Fi Guide Entry fees to Delphi and Meteora Hotel accommodation Meals as per the itinerary Lunch Drinks Visit to the Delphi Archaeological Museum Accommodation tax. 5 star hotel: 4,00 € per overnight per room. 4 star hotel: 3,00 € per overnight per room. 3 star hotel: 1.50 € per overnight per room
- In order to enter the monasteries, ladies must wear a long skirt and gentlemen long trousers
- From January 1, 2018 there is an accommodation tax which must be paid by guests at the hotel prior to their check-out. 5 star hotel: 4,00 € per overnight per room. 4 star hotel: 3,00 € per overnight per room. 3 star hotel: 1.50 € per overnight per room
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability