My Guide Website?
From Athens: Explore Ancient Greece 4-Day Tour41 Reviews
Escape the modern world and take a 4-day exploration into the realms of ancient Greece. Travel to the centre of the earth, climb the mountains to the Gods and roam through the palaces of the great emperors. Don’t miss this incredible opportunity!
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Athens:If youʻre booking your trip to Athens last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Test out your vocals at the ancient theatre of Epidaurus, renowned for its exceptional acoustics.
- Pay homage to the emperors of classical greece in the magnificant ruins of Mycenae, Olympia and Delphi.
- Take a moment or a million to enjoy the stunning scenery of the Greek landscape
- Imagine what it was like to be an original Olympian athlete and hold that flame high
- Bow to the Gods at the Meteora Monasteries
DescriptionTake a step back from the present day and delve into the wonders of ancient Greece over the course of 4 unforgettable days. Jump aboard the luxury bus, sit back and enjoy a zero carbon journey through the archeological sanctuaries of Epidaurus, Mycenae, Nafplio, Olympia, Delphi and Meteora. With stunning scenery along the way, incredible architecture and a place to rest your head at night, this tour has everything you could want and more. Day 1: Visit Epdiaurus, Nafpila and Mycenae The Day starts with a drive along the Corinth Canal to Epidaurus, the reputed birthplace of Apollo's son Asclepius, and a visit to the ancient theatre, renowned for its symmetry and exceptional acoustics. From here you will proceed on to the seaport town Nafplio for a short stop then on through the plain of Argos arriving at Mycenae. This archeological site was once a major centre to Greek civilisation and is home to the Tomb of Agamemnon. In the afternoon you will depart for Olympia, where you will spend the night. Day 2: Discover Olympia and Delphi There is much to be explored at the home of the Olympic Games. Stride among the gods at the temples of Hera and Zeus, cower at the alter of the Olympic Flame, where the sacrifices were made, and buff up on your history at the site's museum. The journey will continue on via Patras to Rio, across the state-of-the-art Rio-Antirrio bridge, past the city of Nafpaktos and along the beautiful coastal road to Delphi. Thought of by the Greeks as the middle of the entire earth, Delphi came to be known as the navel of the world. In the afternoon you will take a trip to the picturesque mountain village of Arachova then back to Delphi for an overnight stay. Day 3: Explore Delphi and Ovenight stay in Kalambaka Spend a relaxed and possibly spiritual morning in Delphi taking in the atmosphere of this centre of Greek worship, the place where heaven and earth meet. In the afternoon you will depart for Kalambaka. Overlooked by the Meteora Monasteries, this will be your resting place for the night. Day 4: The Meteora Monasteries and return to Athens Travel the heights to Meteora, where you can visit the most important complex of Eastern Orthodox monasteries in Greece. Built high on 6 sandstone pillars overlooking Kalambaka, you will experience breathtaking views carved by the elements of nature. Your return trip will offer an optional trip to a factory of Byzantine style icons, then continue past the monument of Leonidas (King of Sparta), and finishing up your monumental tour back in Athens in the late afternoon.
IncludesOvernight in 3 star or 4 star hotels (depending on the selected option) Entrance fees Tour guide Transfer with luxury A/C bus Breakfast and dinner
- To enter the monasteries, appropriate clothing is required. No short skirts may be worn and long-sleeved tops are requested for female visitors.
- Please note that a hotel accommodation tax will be applied. The tax will be paid directly to the hotel and the cost is as follows: 5 star hotels - €4 per room/per night, 4 star hotels - €3 per room/per night, 3 star hotels - €1.50 per room/per night
- Pickup is available from the majority of hotels in Athens and takes place approximately 1 hour before the tour departure time. Alternatively, you can meet at the tour supplier's office 15 minutes before the tour departure time
- Sustainable practices are used in order to reduce the carbon footprint of this tour