My Guide Website?
From Athens: Full Day Private Tour of Delphi14 Reviews
Immerse yourself in the myths and monuments of classical Greece on this full-day tour of Delphi from Athens. Explore the UNESCO-listed archeological site of Delphi and learn how the city was considered the center of the world in ancient Greece.
- Visit the Delphi archeological site, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- See incredible monuments from ancient Greece like the Temple of Apollo
- Stroll through the Delphi Archeological Museum and see relics like the Sphinx of Naxos
- Explore Delphi Archeological Museum and see the Charioteer of Delphi
- Enjoy a stop in the pretty town of Arachova on the journey back to Athens
DescriptionAfter pickup from your hotel in Athens, start the 2.5-hour journey to Delphi. Once you have arrived, begin your day exploring the rich and ancient history of this famous city. Visit some of the city's most famous archeological sites. First, you will explore the sanctuaries of Apollo and Athena Pronaia before heading to the ancient stadium and theater. Continue to the Delphi ruins and the Temple of Apollo, before heading to the Delphi Archaeological Museum. See archeological artifacts and learn more about the rich history of Delphi at the museum. You have the option to spend 2 hours visiting the village of Arachova, where you can enjoy coffee or lunch. Alternatively, you can choose to have lunch or coffee in Delphi instead. After exploring Delphi and relaxing over lunch, begin the 2.5-hour journey back to Athens.
IncludesProfessional drivers (not licensed to accompany you to any site) Hotel, airport, or port pickup and drop-off Private transportation Air-conditioned vehicle WiFi on board Bottled water
- The drivers are not licensed tour guides, but they are knowledgeable and can provide commentary in fluent English Although your driver will not enter the archaeological sites with you, they can answer most of your questions about the places you visit on this tour