From Athens: Half-Day Private Road Trip to Mycenae
Venture south of Athens to discover highlights of the Peloponnese. Cross the Corinth Canal to leave mainland Greece and explore Mycenae, one of the ancient world’s most noteworthy cultures, home to mythical King Agamemnon, in a country steeped in history.
- Visit the region that was destined to give birth to one of antiquity’s most important civilizations
- Cross the Corinth Canal and see stunning views
- Explore one of the ancient world’s most noteworthy cultures
- Learn from your knowledgeable driver
DescriptionVenture south of Athens with your trusty guide to discover the magnificent Peloponnese. Leaving mainland Greece, this tour will explore Mycenae, one of the ancient world’s most noteworthy cultures. The region that was destined to give birth to one of antiquity’s most important civilizations, the Mycenaean. The “cyclopean walls” of the citadel of Mycenae, impressively intact to this day, highlight the heyday of a civilization brought to light by Heinrich Schliemann. A civilization that served as inspiration to the great ancient tragedians that subsequently helped shape western thought. Witness The Lion Gate, a remarkable example of Mycenaean sculpture, grave circle A with its shaft tombs and golden funerary finds, the palace atop the citadel with its throne room, the underground water cistern with its ornate stairs and the beehive tombs (“tholos”) all give proof of the grandeur of an era that has left indelible marks throughout the ages.
IncludesPrivate transportation WiFi on board Air-conditioned vehicle Bottled water Hotel pickup and drop off service Licensed tour guide (optional with extra cost) Entrance fees Personal expenses Gratuities (optional)
- • The drivers are not official tour guides, but they are knowledgeable and can provide fascinating commentary in fluent English. Although they will not enter the archaeological sites with you, they can answer most of your questions about the places you visit with this tour
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability