My Guide Website?
From Athens: Meteora Train Trip with Overnight Stay16 Reviews
Join this two-day tour and travel from Athens, the mother of western civilization, to one of the most significant Monastic communes in Greece, the world heritage monument of UNESCO Meteora.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Athens:If youʻre booking your trip to Athens last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Athens: 4-Days Classical Tour with Meteora
- Athens Riviera Trikke Bike Tour & Vouliagmeni Lake
- From Athens: Hydra, Poros, and Aegina Day Cruise with Lunch
- Athens: Museum of Illusions Admission Ticket
- From Athens: Delphi Archaeological Site Full-Day Guided Trip
- Discover the beauty and the biodiversity of Greek countryside
- Enjoy two guided tours on the Meteora rocks and see all six unique monasteries
- Explore the town of Kalambaka and pay a visit to area's museums
DescriptionThis is a 2-day tour from Athens to Meteora and includes an overnight stay at a hotel, train tickets, and tours on the Meteora Rocks and monasteries in a small group. Receive your tickets and go to the Central Railway Station of Athens (Stathmos Larissis) at 7:58 AM. Board the train to Kalampaka and arrive in Meteora at 12:45 PM. Pickup from the train station and drive to the hotel where you will be picked up again for the sunset tour. See all the six monasteries, a hermitage, and a Byzantine church so you will be immersed in the history of the area. Afterward, you will be transferred back to your hotel. Now you have free time to spend exploring Kalambaka. Find excellent museums including the National History Museum and Digital Projection Centre of Meteora. Wander every corner of the city and discover restaurants to taste the excellent local cuisine. The next day, choose to take either the midday Monastery tour or the hiking in Meteora tour. After your activity, you will be driven back to the center of Kalabaka and you will have over an hour to spend under the shadow of the giant rocks either having lunch or a coffee or whatever you wish. You will then be given all the necessary information of how to catch the train back to Athens. The train journey is 4 hours long so please bring a book or be prepared to talk to other passengers.
IncludesRound-trip transfer from Athens to Meteora by train Train tickets Accommodation in a 3-star hotel Breakfast in hotel Stops for photos Local tour guide Bottle of water Wi-Fi on board
- The transport from Athens railway station to Palefarsalos railway station is by train but from Paleofarsalos to Kalambaka is temporalily done by elevated air-conditioned bus. The reason is that train has stopped operating due to the devastating floods in the region of Thessaly. However , the itineraries and stops of this tour remain unaffected so you can enjoy this activity with confidence. Babies up to 3 years old are free to join if they can share a seat with their parents.
- There is a maximum of 15 people for the tour on Meteora. Children under 3 years old go free if they share a seat with their parent on the minibus